2021/07/30

Peace Island

Peace Island used to be called Sheliao (社寮) Island. There are two bridges connecting Peace Island and Keelung, Peace Bridge (the first concrete sea bridge in Taiwan, built in 1937) and Sheliao Bridge. Inbetween Peace Island and Keelung is Bachimen (八尺門) Strait. 

I decided to venture to Keelung for the second time this week, with an aim to enjoy a decent meal at a fancy restaurant. All cafes in Taipei are yet to be open to the public to dine in due to the Covid-19 Pandemic.

I left home at 8:30, bought a Taiwanese egg pancake at Xuda (旭達), a famous breakfast shop at the street corner near the bus step, got on Bus 951 at 8:50. Bus 951 runs every 10 minutes, it is mainly for commuters working in Xindian, Nankang, Xizhi. I used to hate commuting by bus, now I have a different mood sharing the bus with office employees, I’m now a free senior to go anywhere I want.

At 9:55, I got on the local train to Keelung from Xizhi, I took the North Exit of Keelung Train Station for the first time. When I saw the sign to Huzishan (虎仔山) where the Keelung Landmark Observatory (基隆地標) is located, I didn’t hesitate to see the lankmark in person, as I took Cruise "Explore Dream" to offshore islands three times last year, everytime I saw the white Keelung Landmark on the hill when the cruise departed from Keelung Harbor.

At the entrance of Alley 113 of Zhangshan Road, I saw the sign of Keelung Hollywood, I climbed countless breath taking hilly steps till I reached the abandoned Taiping elementary school (太平國小). Under a huge maple tree at the parking lot in front of the school, I searched for my recorder, but couldn't find it, so I practiced singing aloud in stead.

At 12 noon, I got on Bus 101 to Peace Island, got off at Alabao Bay where Sheliao bridge is located. Originally I planned to have a decent lunch at Peace Island Park, but on the second thought, I stopped by a familiar seafood restaurant at Alabao Bay where I enjoyed luxious Chinese mitten crabs with my Korea-born Chinese friends last Autumn.

After lunch, I walked across the Peace Bridge and took Bus 101 back to Keelung Train Station, got off the local train at Xizhi Station, and took Bus 951 back to Xindian! I had only 20 points left in my senior bus and metro card for July.





No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...