2021/07/23

Play the Soprano Recorder

Of course, the highlight of Today is none other than the Opening Ceremony of 2021 Tokyo Olympics. I bet most people look forward to watching the world's biggest sports event long overdue.

As for me, guess what's new with me? I’m learning a new trick now, to blow a recorder!

I bought a recycled Yamaha plastic recorder at Fu-he Flee Market for 10 NT dollars two years ago. It’s been sitting on my desk since then. Why out of the blue did I start playing with the recorder?

Firstly, a recorder is light to carry. I put it in my backpack whenever I hike in the mountains. While taking a rest in the mountains, I can blow the recorder when there is nobody! Isn’t a recorder designed and made by and for the mountain people in the first place?

Secondly, during the 2+ months period of Covid-19 Alert 3 Level from May 15th, my college classmate and I produced a weekly broadcasting program for Taipei Medical University 623 LINE group. Every Thursday afternoon, we made a short clip of 3 minutes talking and singing program to cheer up our classmates. A recorder is an easy to learn musical instrument, therefore I’m learning the recorder diligently. 

The recorder is a woodwind musical instrument that was popular as early as the 14th century. It produces a soft, flute-like sound. Compared to other instruments, the recorder is relatively easy to play, making it a great first instrument for kids or novice musicians. Recorders are a good stepping stone to harder blowing instruments that are held vertically, such as oboe or clarinet.

I still have hard time blowing gently into the recorder to produce a consistent sound. Blowing softly with a steady stream of air is one of the most difficult but important techniques as you begin to play recorder.  

https://www.wikihow.com/Play-the-Recorder

Playing the recorder is a good fingers movement exercise. As it is easy to learn for young children, it is also friendly for senior citizens to excercise fingers and brain to keep away the progressive A'alzheimer's. Hopefully, once I am better at blowing the recorder, I can teach seniors to play the recorder at a day care center.


B note 0 1 - - - - - -

A note 0 12 - - - - -
G note 0 123 - - - -
C' note 0 - 2 - - - - -
D' note - - 2 - - - - -
E note 0 123 45 - -
D note 0 123 456 -
F note 0 123 4 – 67
F# note 0 123 - 56 -
C note 0 123 4567




No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...