2012/12/17

YMCA Oratorio Choir’s 66th Messiah Concert

Upon Toastmaster Lydia Lin's invitation, I went to YMCA Oratorio Choir's 66th Messiah Concert at Grace Baptist Church Monday evening, December 17th.

I arrived early and I seized the chance to sit at the front row. It was my 5th consecutive year to listen to YMCA Oratorio Choir's annual Messiah Concert in December. I'm familiar with most singers faces and voices, not to mention Conductor Dr. Aikuang Sun's body movement and hand gestures. I like Conductor Sun's hairstyle 2012 in particular!

Sitting at the close distance to the Sun Taipei Philharmonic Orchestra and YMCA Oratorio Choir, I was moved in tears at the moment the Messiah began. Maybe my spirit was transcended to the old times of George Frideric Handel in 1742 in England all of a sudden. At the end of part II—the passion and the triumph, everybody stood up to sing Hallelujah! What a joyful and glorious moment it was for all participants!

After the intermission, there was the donation time for children at Liu-guei Orphanage devastated by Typhoon Morakot in 2009, also known as 88 Typhoon disaster. I saw many donors give away cash generously. The concert hall was filled with peace and friendship atmosphere. I thought of the book "Equality and Efficiency" written by Arthur Okun. Regardless of the born inequality of human beings, we can join hands to build a better society by helping the less fortunate! I was delighted that I made it to the concert!

The Christmas Caroling started shortly after the donation. I liked all seven Christmas songs, including 1. The Little Drummer Boy; 2. Jingle Bells Through the Ages (Allen Pote); 3. Rocking around the Christmas Tree (J. Marks); 4. A Noel Proclamation; 5. The Coming Joy; 6. Dance into the light; 7 O Holy Night. It was like many angels singing in the heaven to wish everybody a merry Christmas and a prosperous new year. When Conductor Aikuang Sun invited the audience to sing aloud "O Holy Night" with the orchestra and the choir as the encore song, it was a sensational moment for me to let out my joy and emotion in the climax of the concert! "Let’s jolly" is how I felt about the 66th YMCA Oratorio Choir's Messiah Concert.

After the concert, Lydia invited me to YMCA  Oratorio Choir's joint Handel's Messiah Concert at National Concert Hall in January 2013. How can I miss it? On top of that, I look forward to their 67th Messiah Concert at Chung-san Hall in December in 2013!

Many thanks to Lydia for inviting four guests after the concert to enjoy auspicious tangyuan (boiled balls of glutinous rice) for night snack at the Tai-yi Tangyuan King in the neighborhood. We chitchatted till after 11PM, about digital cameras, life insurance, saving & investment, real estate, false eye lashes! I'm thinking about buying Samsung's F2.5 wide angle camera to take photos in the dark while traveling. I'm also tempted to try on false eye lashes made of real human hair!

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...