2012/12/19

Grand Finale 2012

On my way to Grand Finale this evening, I overheard an intimate conversation between a father and his little daughter. At the traffic light, a motorcyclist father hummed "We wish you a Merry Xmas & Happy New Year" to a kindergarten girl who sat in front of him.

"Look at the traffic lights, red & green," the father said, "aren't they like the shining stars on a big Xmas tree?"

I felt so blissful waiting at the traffic light that I could overhear such a warm conversation. I looked up in the air, the traffic light shining in the sky. How touching it was for adults to say sweet words to their beloved little ones during Xmas holidays!

Eighteen people participated in Grand Finale 2012, including four guests. In order to add Xmas atmosphere, I spent two hours designing a Mrs. Santa Claus outfit for the evening. When I walked into the meeting venue, I saw a small Xmas tree on the table and many Halloween tinsels on the ceiling. What an auspicious mix and match of 聖誕 & 萬聖.

The last meeting of year 2012 started on time at 7PM sharp. Toastmaster of the Evening Yoland Wu was happy to announce that she also served the TME of Grand Finale 2011. Yes, we shall definitely reserve the privilege for her to be the TME of Grand Finale 2013.

Toastmaster Jimmy Wu was the joke master. He started the joke session by an English punctuation lesson to compare the following two sentences of the same words, but entirely different meanings. "A woman, without her man, is nothing." "A woman, without her, man is nothing." While explained the power of punctuation, Jimmy looked at me! Why me? A loving Mrs. Santa Claus!

EVP Sharen Chan prepared four tabletopics questions, including the most difficult decision, the best and worst Xmas presents, most memorable Xmas & count-down party, and Baby Boss game for children. I was the first to be called upon to answer the most difficult decision. So I made it up, I talked about my trans-gender operation from a woman to a man. My marital relationship changed from "sister and brother" to brotherhood. I won the best tabletopics speaker.

Merry Xmas & Happy New Year!
During the intermission, there was Xmas caroling in the air. Everybody was cheerful to exchange Xmas greetings and best wishes of the coming year. After the club meeting, 6 Toastmasters stayed for a second party at McDonald. When I invited President May Hwang to see 3D "Life of Pi" by Ang Lee with me, May gave me a corporate ticket coupon generously and asked me to see it by myself. Our club president is too busy working at the end of year to see a movie! Hooray, I'm going to see it at Vieshow Cinemas tomorrow afternoon! Many thanks to President May Hwang for a special Xmas Present in 2012.

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...