2012/12/31

New Year Resolutions 2013

While looking forward to the year of Snake, I'm very grateful to family and friends for the wonderful year of 2012! On New Year Eve, it's blissful to write up New Year's Resolutions before rushing to the countdown firework at Taipei 101.

I didn't know that Japanese reflect upon a check list of 15 items (seven flavors, five events, three encounters しちみ・ごえつ・さんえ) on New Year Eve until in December this year. Better late than never! I'm happy to follow the Japanese tradition to check the year of 2012 and to plan for year 2013!

The three encounters I could think of were Zhangjiajie (trip to China), Economics (a new subject of interest about global finance and economy), Sony Cyber-shot (a new digital camera DSC-WX1). Five events were 1. A Mandopop Concert in January; 2. The Silver Anniversary of Marriage in February; 3. Playback Theater debut in May; 4. Taipei Fringe Festival Debut in September; 5. Finalist of D67 Evaluation Contest in November. As for seven flavors, ups and downs in life, all I could think of is that I have a smooth year throughout the year.

In 2013, I'm determined to meet 3 interesting people (三會 さんえ), to initiate 5 meaningful events (五悅 ごえつ), to savor 7 flavors (七味 しちみ), seven tasty cafe's. As I grow one year older, my life journey is one year shorter. I shall be more conscious, proactive, ambitious about what I want to achieve in the year to come.

At 10:30PM, I decided to go to bed early with my husband, because of two parties on New Year Day. Even with a new camera in hand shooting panoramic images, I had cold feet to venture to Taipei 101 because of the extra cold weather and the traffic jam on New Year Eve.

Not being able to watch the Kouhaku music show (第63回 NHK紅白歌合戦) on NHK on New Year's Eve (no images on my satellite at home), it was hard for me to stay awake till 11 PM (Taiwanese time) Japan is one hour ahead of Taiwan. Even Toastmasters Trini Ding and Pamela Yang were waiting for me at JYT's Home near Taipei 101 at 12 midnight watching the fireworks of 2013, I was already somewhere dancing with many handsome young men in my sweet dream.

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...