2012/12/28

Year-end Karaoke Luncheon chez Linda’s

Toastmaster George Chang is an action taker. After our surprise encounter at Bitan on Christmas day, he called Veteran Toastmaster Linda Chu immediately and asked her to organize a karaoke gathering at her penthouse Friday afternoon, December 28th.

Linda is a cooking Toastmaster. She loves healthy food with vegetables, fruits, and beans. She has brand German cooking utensils in stock. I enjoy her natural recipes and her warm hospitality. It has been more than two years since I last visited Linda's penthouse with Toastmaster Joy Chyr in November 2010.

George was the first to arrive, I didn't know at what time,  followed by me at 1:15PM. Being a second-generation mainlander, I became the butt of their jokes when I spoke funny Taiwanese to their ears. Both Linda and George are the best two Taiwanese-speaking Toastmasters in District 67, how lucky I was to be caught between the two professors to correct my Taiwanese pronunciation. There is no doubt I have a huge room to improve my Taiwanese language and I'm determined to communicate more often with my husband in Taiwanese at home.

When Toastmaster Joy Chyr joined our gathering at 2:30PM, she was eager to share with me about her recent retirement in April and her idea of establishing a new business in life planning and personal development with some celebrity experts she adored in China. She showed me her i-pod full of CCTV videoclips of "Fall in Love 婚姻保衛戰" & "For You Only 非妳莫屬". I was very much inspired by Joy's energy and enthusiasm in pursuing new possibilities in life. And I wish her the best success in her new career.

Toastmaster Lydia Lin arrived after 3:30PM with a bag of cheese and ham sandwiches from a famous local shop and a box of spongy cake freshly baked from oven. George was happy to be surrounded by four senior lady Toastmasters and seized the opportunity to promote his humorous speeches in Taiwanese and showed us his talents in speaking Taiwanese of different areas in Taiwan.

At the year-end karaoke luncheon chez Linda's, I discovered the singing talents of George and Linda. In Toastmasters, many outstanding speakers are also superb singers, I guess they know how to inject emotions in their presentations, speaking or singing! I'm interested in pooling singing toastmasters talents together to build a singing club for Toastmasters of good voices in Taiwan. We can organize an annual charity concert to entertain Toastmasters and friends and to exchange ideas in singing with joy!

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...