2010/01/16

JCI & Mobi Com

It was the Big day today. I needed to exert my best effort to excel at my debut presentation at JCI Chairman Chapter's first gathering in 2010. If in front of me, there were Challenges and Opportunities, this was it today.

After the mass media day yesterday, I was desperate to burn the midnight oil to prepare the handout and powerpoint presentation for two groups of business elite, JCI Chaiman Chapter members in the morning and Mobi Com employees in the afternoon. It was a challenge for me, not about the presentation, but about getting used to the Microsoft system.

At home, I worked mainly with Microsoft 97, but in UB Window XP was the mainstream. While working into the wee hours of the morning preparing for workshops on presentation and leadership skills, I learnt to contain my anxiety working on Window XP patiently. I even wrote an biref introduction of me for Dembee to have a good opening of the workshop.

Dear JCI Chairman Chapter Members and Friends, Good morning! Happy New Year! Welcome to the Presentation Skills Training this morning. I am happy to see you here with a dream to become an effective speaker. Please give yourself a big applause. Please also shake hands with your neighbors to wish them all the best with their success in developing public speaking skills in the future. It is the first step toward your success today. Congratulations!

Our presentation skills trainer is Sherry Li from Taiwan. Sherry joined the Toastmasters in Taipei in 1986 and learned communication and leadership skills from this famous non-profit organization devoted in human development. She is the President of Grand Toastmasters Club 1993-1994, the Charter President of Kyoto Toastmasters Club 2000-2001. She came to Mongolia for the first time in August 2004 for ten days sight seeing. She came back to Mongolia in January for three weeks to help Mongolians develop Toastmasters clubs.

Our interpreter is Enkhtsetseg. She is a psychologist and has experience of working with human development for more than 10 years. Ladies and gentlemen, without further ado, please join me in welcoming Sherry Li, presentation skills Trainer from the Toastmasters in Taiwan.
Both workshops were one and half hours long. I conducted the workshops into three sessions. At first, I used the Microsoft word handout to briefly talked about public speaking (speak to inform, speak to entertain, speak to inspire, speak to persuade) and explained why presentations skills were important to the progress of organization and to the careers of individuals who gave them.

I didn't forget to apply the multiple dialogue technique by involving participants to ask and answer questions. I asked them to name their idol presenters and I encouraged them to learn from the master presenters. After talking about the important aspects of speech content and delivery, all participants got the chance to experience Learning by Doing.

Participants were broken into different groups (according to horoscopes or last names) to learn the first two projects of CC manual (1. the icebreaker; 2. organize your speech). Volunteers were encouraged to represent their groups to speak up in front of the audience to apply the presentation skills. All volunteers were given small souvenir as tokens of appreciation.

In the second part, I used the powerpoint presentation to show the presentation skills and to wrap up the important messages in the first part. At last, I played the DVD of Magic Moment by David Brooks of World Champions of Public Speaking from 1990 to 2001. Both workshops were successful, we recruited a few potential members on the spot.

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...