2010/01/11

Toastmasters in the Great Mongol Empire

On June 18th, 2009, I received an email from Mr. Dembereldorj Dorjchuluun, saying that they would start a Mongol Toastmasters in Ulaanbaatar. They needed my advice and help. I responded to Demberel the same day that I was happy to hear his voice from Mongolia and asked him in what way I could be of service to him and his club. I gave him my toastmaster's blog for his reference.

On June 19th, Demberel told me that they were meeting regularly and they wished to become official Toastmasters. They needed a sponsoring club. They couldn't find one for 3 months. They also needed training materials. I responded to Demberel the same day to advise him to visit Start a New Club at Toastmasters International website http://www.toastmasters.org/startaclub.aspx and download the training materials from http://www.toastmasters.org, http://www.toastmasters.org.tw.

On June 29th, Demberel asked me if I could be their club sponsor and mentor. They really needed experienced mentor. He asked for my full name, club name, district name or number, phone number and e-mail to fill out application form. He asked me for the first item if I could go to Mongolia in 2009. I told him the following day that I contacted Toastmaster Masahiko Inatsugi, DTM, Former District Governor 2003-2004, District 76, Japan, to invite Kyoto Toastmasters Club to be one of their sponsoring clubs. Toastmaster Inatsugi agreed to be their club mentor.

On September 23rd, Demberel sent me an email to invite me to attend the charter ceremony of Mongol Toastmasters club in the name of the Club President. I responded to Demberel the same day that if I planned a 10 days trip in Mongolia, I'd like to stay in a Mongolia ger in Ulaanbaatar to enrich my experience living with Mongolians.

On October 26th, Demberel sent me an email, he planned to start Mongol Toastmasters Club 11th of Nov.2009. He wanted me to go to Mongolia and stayed in a Mongolian ger. On October 31st, Demberel sent me another email, he found it hard to start the club. He needed my advice and experience. On December 10th, Demberel informed me that he was appointed as an assistant to minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade of Mongolia. He planned to Toastmasters club in January. He contacted several TV companies and newspapers to promote Toastmasters in Mongolia. He drafted a tentative itinerary for my visit in Ulaanbaatar.

There is a Chinese saying, reading thousands of books is not as good as traveling thousands of miles, traveling thousands of miles is not as good as meeting thousands of people, meeting thousands of people is not as good as finding a good mentor(讀萬卷書不如行萬里路,行萬里路不如閱人無數,閱人無數不如名師指路)。I am honored that I could offering my helping hands to Mongolian toastmasters friends and I shall do my best to build a Toastmasters family where people can develop communication and leadership skills to foster self confidence and personal growth.


I shall carry two boxes (100 cards each) of Toastmasters cards to Mongolia. I hope I can make friends with 200 Mongolians during my trip from January 12th till February 4th, to start an awesome Toastmasters year of 2010!

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...