2010/01/27

Spring Festival for the First Graders

Children win hearts of adults. When Children smile, adults melt. I was invited to the annual Spring Festival at Village Partizan today. Enke's family had been planning for the event for the past week, designing children games, purchasing gifts for kids, decorating event venue, family party after the event. I was obviously one of the most excited participants. I loved group activities for young and old. It was fun to learn from kids and to see the world from their eyes.

At half past eight, we ventured out to the west of UB. In less than 30 minutes, we were in a desolte icefield with with no paved roads, let alone road signs. Even it is said all roads lead to Rome, in the case of Mongolia, all roads lead to UB, just follow the power line, and you get to UB eventually. But I can't help admire our driver's nagivation skills. He seemed to know where he was, where to turn, and where to move forward!

As soon as we arrived at the elementary school, we started converting the stadium into a party room. I was assigned as a photographer of the day, I decoated my corner with a lot of colorful posters to allow the kids to draw their thoguhts while the kids waited for their photos to be taken. I prepared three caps for kids to choose for themselves. I put on my long hair wig for fun!

At ten thirty, the director of the school opened the spring festival and I was honored to start a group game with 50 first graders. I played a role of a big bird chasing five groups of children protected by their adult guardians. The kids ran merrily on the basketball court. I became exhausted after five minutes.




No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...