2010/01/15

Mass Media Day

I woke up early in a row this morning to make Chinese fried rice for Tsenguun at six thirty. After breakfast, Enkhee and I watched the second DVD of champion speakers from 2001 to 2003 for an hour. I was glad that Enkhee had a clear picture about the Toastmasters. By now, Enkhee was more confident and ready to work with me as my interpreter at the Toastmasters gatherings.

At nine thirty, when Enkhee told me that I was about to meet with the mass media people for lunch Friday noon, January 15th, I was so excited to put on the most formal Chinese dress. This was the moment I had been waiting for to promote the Toastmasters program to the general public.

Dembee first took me to visit the Daily Post. The General Manage of Daily Post was a young and handsome gentleman. After we exchanged information about the newspapers business in Taiwan and in Mongolia, he showed me his publishing company, then we set out for lunch at the luxurious Saffron Bistro. After lunch, I had two consecutive interviews, one with a reporter from TV station and the other with a reporter from Daily Post.

Before my arrival in UB, I knew I would be meeting with the mass media people in UB. Being a veteran Toastmaster, I enjoyed talking to the mass media, in fact, my first advanced manual was Communicating on Television. So I looked forward to visiting Television and Radio stations for interviews on the air. I even brought along my wig and false eyelashes just in case I would get the spotlight.

After two pleasant interviews in the afternoon, Deggi took me to her office for tea break. At six o'clock, Dembee, Bat, Deggi and I had dinner at Bayangal Hotel to discuss the upcoming two workshops the following day. I was so excited to know that many Mongolians were interested in public speaking. Dembee and his group must have worked very hard to promote Toastmasters program before my arrival. I was grateful that I could hone my communication and leadership skills in UB.

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...