2010/11/27

Toastmasters Cooking Gathering

I received a surprise phone call from Toastmaster Linda Chiu When I was at Mongolian National Day Party at Hyatt Hotel yesterday evening. Linda invited me for afternoon tea at her place, I accepted her invitation immediately.

Just think about it! It must have been more than six years since I last saw Linda at a Toastmasters event. I was eager to know how Linda has been doing recently and I wondered what the occasion might be for a sudden afternoon gathering on the three-in-one election day.

Linda prepared a full table of food, including steamed meatballs, stir fried green bean noodles, vegetables, oats buns, when I arrived at her cozy home on the 12th floor at two Sunday afternoon. We sat by the window in the sun, looked over the beautiful mountain view of Taipei city, Linda kept making more and more varieties of food, yummy icecream, mouth-watering chicken porridge, just to name a couple, with her Vorwerk, a multifunctional kitchen appliance with cooking function. She was so fond of her new kitchen toy and she was so eager to share with her family and friends the new recipes she developed.

Linda looked at me with a big smile on her face and tole me that she invited me for the afternoon cooking gathering was because that I was interested in cooking and eating. How flattered I felt! Who would mind to be complimented as a gourmet? I don't!

There is a Chinese saying, "a workman must first sharpen his tools if he is to do his work well." I am really happy for Linda to find a career she enjoys. I am really happy for me to have another chef friend. As Linda is an active representative of the Vorwerk group, I'm obliged to provide contructive and valuable evaluations to the creative and innovative dishes she makes. I won't turn down any party of hers as her toastmaster friend. Linda grabs my heart by sastifying my stomach!

PS: Linda invited me to her kitchen again Friday evening, December 3rd, to help her take a few photos of her newly developed Almond Oats Cookies and Chocolate Pie to compete at the Vorwerk Cooking Contest 2010.

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...