2010/11/21

D76 Fall Conference 2010

Being an early bird to the conference this morning, I invited all ladies toastmasters to join me to take a photo with IP Pat Johnson. Then I picked up a front seat next to Toastmaster Masaki Oshiumi. I saw Toastmaster Oshiumi mumble looking at a slip of paper in his hand. Toastmaster Oshiumi was determined to advocate a Toastmaster song for all Toastmasters in the world at the Q&A with International President. He stood up tall to read the slip of paper in his hand, explaining why a Toastmasters song would be beneficial to the Toastmasters International. It has become a big mission of his in Toastmasters.

Following Toastmaster Oshiumi's request for a Toastmasters song, I also stood up to ask Pat about the possibilities of a joint D67 & D76 Speech Contest in Japanese in the future. I was told that it would be aginst the Toastmasters Bylaws to have a speech contest among Districts, but I was contented to voice out on behalf of Japanese speaking toastmasters in Taiwan.

During the intermission after the conference symposium on Vision of D76, Toastmaster Mayumi Shimamura told me that Toastmasters in Taiwan and Japan could always enjoy joint meetings together to exchange the communication and leadership skills in Japanese. I agreed with her comments.

After the break, it was the English humorous speech contest, the highlight of D76 Fall Confrence. It was a full house of laughter. I enjoyed all six contestants. Language might be a barrier, but it is also a bridge of gaps among people of different nationalities. Toastmaster Kazuhiko Kawashima from Division E was the first speaker. He talked about how to evaluate his boss in office in a Toastmasters way. He won the championship. After the hard hearing lesson from the humorous speech contest in Japanese yesterday afternoon, I made a smart move this morning by sitting in the front. I was contented that I could observe the performance of six contestants in details within a short distance.

I skipped the Hall of Fame and District 76 Council Meeting after the lunch break. Toastmaster Teiko Uemura took me to the old residences of Natsume Souseki and Koizumi Yakumo in Kumamoto. When I rushed all the way back to the conference hall before 3:50PM only to find many toastmasters come out of the PAREA Hall. I was told that the closing ceremony was adanced for 20 minutes.

Oh, I missed the closing ceremony! What a pity! I missed the chance to be called upon the District 76 Governor to say a few farewell words. When I arrived on the 9th floor, the organzing committe members were packing. At least, I could provide my helping hands to take a few photos of the hardworking members of Nakakyushu and Kumamoto Toastmasters Clubs.

As it was still early, I decided to visit Suizenji. At the Water Pipe tram station, I asked two high school students if I could walk to Suizenji. They told me I'd better take the street car, because Suizenji was far away. On the street car, I struck a conversation with the girls. I told them that I just visited Natsume Souseki and Koizumi Yakumo's residences, they replied they knew nothing about them, to my surprise.

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...