2007/10/09

What a Birthday Party!

It was the day when all the waitresses stood in line and said in chorus "Happy Birthday to you". That was what happened when Virginia and I left TGI Friday this afternoon. Virginia and I were born on the same day. We decided to celebrate our birthdays together.

It's the first time for me to celebrate the birthday with another person born on the same day. It was fun and interesting looking at and talking with the person who shares many similar characters. We talked loud and we laughed a lot. Virginia took photos of each dish. We took photos of each together. The waitresses can feel the happiness of two crazy middle-aged women.

The reason why we chose TGI Friday to celebrate our birthdays is because of the free birthday desserts. When Virginia and I asked for the surprising desserts after lunch, the waitress didn't even bother to verify our IDs. The chocolate brownie topped with a scoop of vanilla pecan ice cream was the sweetest birthday gift from TGI Friday. What a decision we made to have an oral sensation of excitement and enjoyment! Next year we must invite more golden ladies to join us!

After lunch, Virginia and I went to Bo-ai Elementary School upon Trini's invitation. I talked to her English class of six graders about my visit to a class of fifth graders in Hachinohe (八戶) in Japan in early November. I gathered many greetings cards from Trini's class for my friend's class in Japan. Hopefully I can bring two elementary school students together in the future. It was a 15-minutes talk and it was ended with "Happy Birthday to You" song by a class of thirty-five youngsters and sweet Teacher Trini. What a unique Birthday for Virginia and me! I love the way to turn 52 today!

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...