2007/10/31

Nikko is Nippon!

I went to the guiding light (Nihon no hikari) in Japan today. On the local train from Utsunomiya to Nikko, I sat next to a friendly couple. The wife nodded at me when I approached an empty seat next to her. When I overheard their conversation, I couldn't resist the temptation to ask which language they were using. It turned out to be English. Without hesitation, I greeted them by saying Aloha to them when they told me they were from Hawaii.

They just arrived in Japan yesterday. The wife was eager to share the traveling information with me. She advised me to pay a visit to Matsushima and showed me many beautiful photos she took of the colorful deciduous leaves in Matsushima. I reciprocated them with my wonderful and cheerful adventure in Karuizawa.

When I told them that I am a dancer, the wife encouraged me to visit Hawaii to learn Hula dancing. She mentioned that the Hula dancing focuses more on the hand gestures. And the most exciting talk between us was about toastmasters. They told me there are many toastmasters in Hawaii, and they welcome me to visit the beautiful islands of Hawaii one day. We ended our conversation when the train arrived in Nikko.

On my way back from Nikko to Tokyo, I saw an advertisement of Azuma Asobi-No-Mai dance of Nikko Toshogu Shrine (the world heritage). I hope I will have the chance to visit Nikko again to see the dance and to learn the dance.

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...