2007/10/10

I'm coming, Kyoto Toastmasters Club!

I am feeling excited. Early tomorrow morning, I'll fly to Japan to explore many unknown cities in the south and in the north of Japan for two months. But the main reason for me to go to Japan is none other than attending Kyoto Toastmasters Club's 100th meeting this coming Saturday, October the 13th. As the Charter President, I won't and shouldn't miss the opportunity to have fun with my club members.

I was given a chance to demonstrate clogging dance during the 30 minutes intermission, Immediate Past President Sato Kazumi informed me of the good news. I decide to invite members to clog with me to The Carpenters' "Sweet Sweet Smile". It is an easy 8 beats (four counts) dance. The music is familiar to everybody. I will demo the basic steps, including basic, double, triple, fancy double, push off, brush up, clog over vine. As long as our members can master the double (clog) step, they are okay to move on and dance on their own. The clog step is called shuffle in tap dancing term.

In addition, I hope our members can learn to read the cue sheet. So that we can exchange good clogging dances on YouTube in the future.

Cue Sheet of Sweet, Sweet Smile
EASY + LINE DANCE, CHOREO BY: Janice Jestin, Yuma, AZ 85365
SEQUENCE: AB AB BREAK B A* Wait: 8 Bests

INTRO: 2 Turkey Basics, Triple Stomp Stomp (forward), Triple (back )
PART A: Charleston Brush , Burton Around (1/2 R) Ds-Stomp/H- Stomp/H- Stomp/H, Joey; triple Repeat
PART B: Drag & Loop DS-Dr-S(xif)-Ds-Sl-S(xib)-Ds-Dr-S(xif)-DS-RS, Long Charleston (1/2R) Triple, Repeat
BREAK: Rooster Run DS-DS(xif)-S(ots)-S(xib)-S(ots)-S(xif), Rocking Chair (1/4L), Total 4 times
PART A*: Replace last Triple with Triple Stomp-Stomp

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sherry,
Thanks for the video. I had had no idea what clogging dance was until I saw it. I'm looking forward to your clogging dance demo in Kyoto.

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...