2007/10/30

D76 Division D Evaluation Contest in Inuyama--October 14, 2007

Toastmaster Otera, EVP of Kyoto Toastmasters Club, picked me up at APA Hotel early Sunday moring, October the 14th. We then drove to Kyoto Train Station to pick up Toastmaster Kanai. While I was waiting for Kanai san on the street across from the train station, I looked at the sign of the Japanese retaurant where we had the second party after Kyoto's 100th meeting. I was happy that I made it to Kyoto again in year 2007.

The drive from Kyoto to Inuyama was smooth and fast. Kanai san and I spent most of the time talking about the winning strategy at the Division D Evaluation Contest in Inuyama. We also talked about the pros and cons establishing a Toastmaster Magazine reading group in Kyoto Toastmasters Club. Otera san listened to two former Kyoto presidents talking eagerly without much interruption.

When we entered the restaurant of Inuyama Convention Center, five toastmasters from Nagoya Toastmasters Club were having lunch there, including Toastmasters Yamanaka, Inutsuka, and the others. I was thrilled to see them again in Inuyama. It was my third time to Inuyama, believe it or not!

Division D Evaluation Contest in Japanese was organized by Nagoya Toastmasters Club this year. I gave a greeting message in Japanese about the my encounter with Japanese toastmaters after Area 41 Governor Suzuki's opening message. Toastmaster Yamanaka Takaaki gave an inspiring speech about Autumn as a test speaker. He just came back to Japan from a long journey in Europe, and he compared the differences in cultures and languages between Europe and Japan. As a veteran toastmaster, Yamanaka san was poised and wore his trademark smiles during his speech. I wish once day I could become a target speaker like Toastmaster Yamanaka at an evaluation contest in Japan.

It is not to my surprise that Kanai san took the first place at the evaluation contest. I was impressed with her performance and I wish her all the best at the District 76 Evaluation Contest 2007 in November in Awaji. (Toastmaster Kanai Rikuko placed the 2nd at D76 Evaluation Contest 2007 on Awaji Island, November 17th, 2007.)

After the contest, 20 toastmasters remained for a tea party at the restaurant of convention center for an hour. Inuzuka san, Ogawa san, and Mr. and Mrs. Nakamichi invited me to Ibushiya, a warm and cozy Izakaya in Inuyama, for dinner. We ordered assorted sashimi, beef potato, radish salad, shrimp fried, barbecue chicken, tea rice, so many dises to remember! I started with beer, then switched to sake, and concluded with oolong tea. As the humble guest of honor, I can only wait patiently for them to come to Taipei to reciprocate their generosity and friendship.

My third visit to Inuyama was not short. I stayed in Inuyama for two nights, had a improv talk on the community radio station for 15 minutes, bought two colorful dancing kimonos, and made it to last day (May 11 to October 15 of each year) of Cormorant Fishing on the Kiso River.

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...