2012/01/19

Voice of Taipei

We held a celebration luncheon at Bi Luo Chun in Hsin-tien at noon, Teacher Wu and five students. Wu was very pleased with the New Year Concert and invited us for a gathering at her favorite teahouse. I brought the prototype concert DVD made by Daniel Wu. Everybody was eager to receive a copy of the concert DVD. As Wu insisted on paying for the meal, five of us gave her a red envelope in return.

I feel extremely fortunate to make friends with singers at Our Lady of Providence Community College after learning the classic Chinese Jazz songs with Wu for three months. We build the solidarity among us especially after the new year concert at Cardinal Tien Hospital. It's beneficial to organize an event to involve teacher, classmates, and friends. We all decide to continue the singing class if Wu agrees to teach us for another semester.

Unlike most classmates who are frequent patrons of karaoke where they can hone their singing skills, I'm reluctant to go to the noisy karaoke to share the stage with strangers. But, I was convinced by Chien-ron this afternoon that there are a few quality karaokes in Taipei. She shared with me her secret list of karaokes in Taipei and I plan to visit them all in year 2012.

The first time I heard Chien-ron sing at class, I was impressed by her voice quality, her impeccable articulation of the lyrics, and her singing demeanor. Chien-ron goes to Karaoke every afteroon to practice singing. She meets many singers and amateur singers at the karaokes in Taipei. She knows many interesting stories about the karaoke culture in Taipei. I become curious!

Chien-ron made up her mind to sing at age of 50. When her husband asked her what her dream was and what she wished to accompany in her golden years, Chien-ron thought singing would be the answer. She didn't waste time looking for good singing teachers to help her with vocalization, and she didn't hesitate to go to karaokes to polish her singing skills, she is realizing her dream. Her time and efforts in the past 3 years pay off. She is happy with her voice and she has many singers friends.

Karaoke was not on my new year resolutions on new year eve. But I make my year of dragon resolutions before the end of year of rabbit, January 22nd. I want to visit six recommended karaokes in Taipei after the Chinese New Year. I want to explore the karaoke subculture in Taipei. I want to know more about voice in Taipei!

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...