2012/01/14

Taiwan Presidential Election 2012

According to the Central Election Commission, the presidential election voter rate for 2012 was 74%, the lowest voter turnout since Taiwan's first direct presidential elections in 1996.

I was not eager to vote, because I was disappointed with President Ma Ying-jeou of the Kuomintang (KMT). I could not trust Chairwoman Tsai Ing-wen of the Democratic Progressive Party(DPP). I saw no future for Chairman James Soong of People First Party(PFP). But I did vote, to fulfill my responsibility as a citizen of Taiwan.

I was happy with the party election result; KMT has 5,863,379 votes (44.5465%), DPP has 4,556,526 votes (34.6178%), Taiwan Solidarity Union (TSU) has 1,178,896 votes (8.9566%), and PFP has 722,089 votes (5.486%). As parties with more than 5% of the total votes have the right to seats in the legislative yuan, four parties are in the legislative yuan. It is a victory of the minorities of the Taiwanese people.

I feel sorry for New Party because KMT didn't support its alliance. To my surprise, DPP helped TSU win three seats at the legislative yuan. PFP gained two seats because Chairman James Soong participated in the presidential election. I anticipate a legislative yuan of more voices and better quality in the coming four years.

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...