2012/01/12

The Quality of Concert Pays Off

It was a shock to know that a few singers complained about the cost sharing of New Year Concert held at Cardinal Tien Hospital yesterday morning. They should have said it earlier, and I would have arranged other singers to replace them. None is irreplaceable these days! You can't have your cake and eat it too!

I knew it would happen, therefore I made it clear more than once that all singers paid for their singing opportunities on stage. Isn't it fair that the expenditure a group concert be shared by all participants on stage? Of course, I would anticipate the voices of objection to pay and I could understand why some singers complained, because it was much more expensive to sing on stage at a concert than at a karaoke.

As the planner and organizer of the concert, I'm reluctant to refund the monetary donation or contribution, so to speak, to those who were not willing to pay. Why would people want to take advantage of others who paid the cost according to the game rules? I should have signed contracts with singers beforehand, and there would not be any complaints. I learn a lesson that it is important to write everything done in agreement on paper.

Of course, we could have contained the expendiure by not using an audio company to provide the sound track service, but then it might not be a concert in the end. And Cardinal Tien Hospital wouldn't have given us so much support! And we wouldn't have had a pleasant and successful concert!

Looking back at the amount of time I spent on preparing the concert program, arranging rehearsals, making powerpoint presentation, I was not regretful, I did my job well, and I learned a great deal about the classic Chinese songs between 20s and 40s. If I would be given another chance, I would make the same decision. Because it is my belief that people on stage are obliged to the audience, complaints aside.

Do I feel sorry for those who fail to keep their promise? Yes, indeed. But look at people around us, many don't have jobs, many can't make their ends meet. I can't help but worrying about what is wrong with the the economic situation domestically and globally. Hopefully, the year of dragon will bring about a prosperous and happy year for all!

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...