2012/01/22

Adventurous Aging

I don't know skiing, I don't know skating, I don't know surfing. I attempted the snake board on Chinese New Year Eve.

When I saw my little niece propelled the snake board in any direction by standing her left foot on the board, moved both feet in and out on snake board, I didn't hesitate to give it a try. But, I couldn't find the balance with the help of two adults. I tried to stand my left foot on the footplate, I fell hard, first on my hips and then on my head, BANG! A huge lump immediately developed after my head hit the marble floor. It hurt!

A snake board evolves from the skateboard, brings with elements of snowboards & surfboards. A snake board has two pivoting footplates attached at each end. Wheels are attached to the footplates to move in 360 degrees.

I have another new year resolution for year 2012, to learn skiing, to learn skating, to learn surfing. I wish I could stand on the moving board firmly to perform spins and somersaults. Am I too old to be ambitious?

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...