2010/12/16

Strengthen Your Intuition

It was late at night. I stood in front of a huge parking lot of Disney World in Orlando, Florida. After one day of excitements at various theme parks, I was ready to go back to the hotel for a good rest. But I forgot where I parked my rental car. On top of that, I couldn't recall the license plate number.

Just about when I began feeling panic, I saw an open-air park shuttle truck coming my way. Without a second thought, I hopped on the truck, rode on it for a few minutes, got off the truck, found my small white rental car. Just as I knew where it was all along. It was unbelievable, the inborn intuition I had with me. That was during my last visit to the US on a governoment grant from April 22nd till June 15th, 1989.

The intuition of human beings is an inborn pattern of behavior often responsive to specific stimuli. It's an inherent aptitude and energies underlying all psychic activity. The intuition, also called feeling, instinct, gut reaction, sixth sense, is natural and can be stimulated to behave or react in a particular way, without thinking and without having been taught.

Intuition, as opposed to reflex, is more complex. It involves a degree of interaction with learning processes to fine tune the neurological wiring. Reflexes are controlled by spinal or other peripheral nerves. Intuitions are the province of the brain. Like the five senses, sight, hearing, taste, touch, smell, the six sense can also be developed and strengthen, so long as we immerse ourselves in an unfamiliar surrounding.

After D76 Fall Conference 2010 in Kumamoto, I had a full day course of Kumamoto city tour by myself Monday, November 22nd. When the sun began to set, I was in a hurry to get to the Concert Hall for the evening concert at 6:30PM. I asked the lady at the information center of the Kumamoto Library how to get to the Concert Hall, she told me there was a bus stop three blocks away next to the 7-11 store, but the bus didn't run often.

I followed my intuition to 7-11 without knowing if I was heading for the right direction or not. I asked the staff at 7-11, he told me there was no bus to the Concert Hall. I didn't give up and walked toward the bus stop at far. I asked a policeman on the way, he told me there was no bus to the Concert Hall. I didn't give up. Just about when I arrived at the bus stop to check the time schedule, the bus to the Concert Hall arrived in front of me. It was unbelievable, the inborn intuition I had with me to get to the bus stop just in time. I made it to the Concert Hall at 6:15PM.

Just think about the spawning instinct in salmon, human beings have the instincts in finding their soul mates. My husband told me that I looked like his wife on our second date. Now I realize my instinct worked to my advantage finding my husband who has been supportive about my constant traveling abroad for the past two decades.

Being a regular solo traveler, I'm always on alert with five senses in a new environment. I'm often intrigued with the inborn intuition I have with me. That's one of the reasons I'm obsessed in traveling alone to an unknown territory every year, to let my intuition take over me.

Have you ever been intrigues by your intuition? Give yourself a chance! Do something unusual for your brain. Follow your impulse, recharge your intuitive power! If you don't have time to travel abroad alone, how about trying to put on a blindfold on your eyes, crossing a busy street of a lot of traffic. You will be amazed at the inborn intuition you have with you.

PS:I've been thinking what to talk about at the last Toastmasters meeting in 2010 at Grand Toastmasters Club to wrap up my Toastmasters activities in 2010 this evening. I thought about talking about my icebreaking trip in Mongolia in January. I thought about talking about my World Expo trip in Shanghai in September. I thought about talking about my Toastmasters adventure to D76 Fall Conference trip in Kumamoto in November.

I found my topic when I received a phone call from the Artistic Director Hong Chyi-lin of Earth Choir, inviting me to help her with the Regensburger Domspatzen Tour Concert in Taiwan 4/28--5/9, 2011. This morning, I picked up the Guide to the City of Regensburg I bought when I was in Regensburg 15 years ago, to my surprise, the back cover of the guide features the world-famous Regensburg Domspatzen choir.

Coincidentally, my idol Jane Austen was born today, December 16th, 225 years ago. Jane earned her a place as one of the most widely read writers in English literature. I also wish to leave something written for the posterity. It is the dream imbued in my brain.

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...