2010/12/24

Christmas Party at Nursing Home 2010

Every year Hsin-tien Volunteers group is responsible for the birthday party and Christmas Party at the nursing home in December. I was happy that I could organize the entertaing program for the past three years. This year, I invited two groups to perform, one group was Falla Flamenco Family, the other was Hsin-yi Community Dance Troupe. I joined both groups to perform flamenco and indian dances on stage!

Toastmaster Pamela picked me and my flamenco dancer teacher Manzana in Hsin-tien at 12 noon. Three of us had lunch at a country style restaurant in the mountains near the nursing home. Manzana was so excited when she saw a cute pink pig. With the help of the restaurant owner, Pamela and I got hold of the little fellow in my arms. The poor cutie was so frightened and kept struggling and screaming. I told Pamela that I knew why it was painstaking to slaughter the pig and pull the hair (殺豬拔毛).

After lunch, we arrived at the Chung-hsin Hall one hour in advance to rehearse. Many elderly residents were already waiting in the hall. They were anxious to celebrate their birthdays. No sooner than later I arrived at the Chung-hsin Hall, I was busy putting on makeup and false eyelashes. Between the third program of flamenco dance and the six program of Indian dance, I had to change costumes and wigs. Times flied so fast.

After the Christmas Party, Pamela gave me a ride back from the nursing home to Hsin-tien. I was glad to make it to the last choral lesson in year 2010. I practiced with Hsin-tien Women Chorus for the second half of the class. Our chorus conductor was pleased with our progress in vocalization skills in 2010. She planned to convince us to join the chorus competition in Taipei in year 2011.

After the chorus practice, I was ready for the Christmas Party at the Hsin-yi Community Center. The pot luck dinner party started at 7 o’clock. I was the second dancer to arrive to set up my newly bought waffle maker and eggs beater to make the waffles. As more dancers arrived, the table was full of delicious home made dishes. One dancer brought the gas tank to make the Oden. Her condiment for Oden was so yummy, but she didn’t want to share her secret recipe. Another dancer brought four bottles of wines. Quality aside, the quantity of the Christmas dinner could feed an army of 100 soliders.

After dinner, the ladies members of the Hsin-yi Community Dance Troupe were divided into two groups to take turns showing off the dances of year 2010. Instructor Kuan played the CD and dancers were requested to dance to the music on the spot. It was like the final examination of 2010. It was fun and challenging! When the last group dance finished, it was ten minutes past ten. Everybody was contented with food, drink, and dance. Dancing is really fun, especially on Christmas Eve.

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...