2010/12/23

Hsin-tien Women Association Year End Party

Being the first timer to the yearend party of Hsin-tien Women Association, I was full of excitements to join the dinner party this evening.

I've lived in Hsin-tien for almost three decades, since I finished my graduate studies in the US in 1983. At first, I didn't participate in any community affairs till I changed my career as a part-time pharmacist. I had more free time. And I became interested in the volunteer group activities in Hsin-tien. I signed up singing and dancing classes when time allowed. It felt good to make acquaintance with the residents in the Hsin-tien area.

I joined the Hsin-tien Women Chorus in April this year. Immediately after I joined the chorus, I was notified that I needed to join Hsin-tien Women Association, because Hsin-tien Women Chorus is a subgroup of Hsin-tien Women Association. At first, I was reluctant, simply because I thought Hsin-tien Women Associationit was a political group. After I joined the women's association in Hsin-tien, to my surprise, I knew many old faces. After all, we all live in Hsin-tien. It is natural we bump into each other day in and day out.

The dinner party started at 6 o'clock this evening. Every lady member was happy to pay the membership fee of NT$500 dollars. The party venue was full of Christmas atmosphere. Each women group were invited to perform on stage. Hsin-tien Women Chorus sang two songs, 高山青 and 掌聲響起! What could be more blissful than having a good time with family and friends during Christmas season?

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...