2009/04/22

Golden Cougars

Believe it or not, I am LKK, an old fashion woman. I don't use MSN. I don't use Skype. I don't do on-line shopping. And I don't make friends on the net. Gosh, I must have missed many interesting things in modern society. It is time I opened my mind to embrace the new world of true women.

At dinner with the Kondo's at Shin Yeh Restaurant this evening, Lydia and I saw Wells Chin, a famous TV variety show host, walk in and sit at a big table right next to us. While they sang "Happy Birthday" to a young woman in chorus, I turned back and joined them. In return, Wells brought four pieces of cheesecake to our table to break the ice. And Lydia and I got the chance to have a photo taken with him by Toastmaster Harry Fong, DTM, Lydia's significant other. Somehow it prompted me to reflect upon the heated topic of cougar relationships among golden ladies recently.

Cougar Relationship, simply speaking, is a relationship between an older woman and a younger man. There has been an increase in this type of relationship in the last few years. Surprisingly, it was the first time I heard of this type of relationship at our Toastmaster magazine reading gathering in April ten days ago. And it happened to be on 7 o'clock tv news yesterday evening. The traditional norm of an older man with a younger woman, usually not more than a few years between them, is facing an inevitable anthropological paradigm shift.

No matter what reasons cougar ladies have in mind, I'm still interested in men of my age. Simply because it is easier to get along with someone of my generation, men or women. It is easier to relate to our separate worlds and it is easier to get connected with people of the same generation. Take my husband for example, he is one and a half years older than I am. On top of that, we went to the same junior high school. He and I share the same background and we feel at ease meeting each other's expectations.

Seeing a man younger than me is like going out with someone to my junior. At work, I don't mind being bossy, but off work, I don't like to mother a partner, to shoulder the responsibilities, to pay the bill. In my dictionary, men should take care of women and vice versa. Yes, I might be LKK now, but who knows when I shall change my perspective! Imagine 20 years from now on, when I am in my 70's, will I be interested in meeting with a man in his 40's?

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...