2009/04/23

ConFusiOn

I knew it! It could have been worse! After listening to Nakashima Mika's "conFusiOn", I'm glad that I don't have to face her confusion, "he's the boyfriend of my sweet, sweet girlfriend".

I sat at a table for four by the window, drinking Taiwan beer by myself. It was 2:20PM and nobody showed up for the afternoon tea. I particularly dressed up today, wearing a pink hat with a matching scarf. I must look like a has-been. Fortunately, I had a book in my hand to avoid the embarrassment. It's hilarious to read "Biography of a Germ" by Arno Karlen at a huge Cantonese noisy and boisterous restaurant.

At five to two, I walked into the restaurant to find that no reservation was made under my friend's name. It was strange, but I could wait. After waiting at the reception for ten minutes, I asked for a table for four by the window. After waiting at the table for another ten minutes, I ordered a bottle of Taiwan beer in stead of Chinese tea for dim sum. The Citystar Yum Cha Part II was packed with patrons, no sign of economic downturn whatsoever.

At 2:40PM, Lydia called me and asked me where I was and asked me to join them. I told her that the restaurant was too big that I couldn't find them. Let's meet at the reception. Then I knew something was wrong. I was waiting at the right address, but the wrong place. They had been eating and drinking at Citystar Yum Cha Part I for more than half an hour. After paying a handsome minimum charge, I walked to join them five hundred meters away half drunk! By the time, I arrived at Part I, I looked at the cold dim sum dishes on the table. I laughed at myself. It's not my fault. It's just another inevitable short story of confusion in life.

Toastmaster Chuen Ching invited Lydia and me for afternoon tea to return my books on Italian language today. Two years ago, Chuen Ching called me one day and told me her son planned to study fashion design in Italy. Lydia helped me carry a huge bag of books to her Toastmasters club member. In the end, Chuen Ching's son didn't go to Italy. And I need the books to study before I go to Italy in July.

Year 2009 is challenging, because I plan to travel in Italy and in Senegal in summer. I need to use Italian and French in two different countries. If I can study both of them from now, I should be okay with daily conversation in two languages in two months. Finally I have the opportunity to resolve my confusion of the two similar Latin languages.

Nakashima Mika sang, "Run away! Get away! I can't run away!" The conFusiOn of mine today was nothing comparing to hers, but mine added another interesting episode to my versatile life. I'm grateful as always!

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...