2009/04/16

Three Generations in Toastmasters

Olivier Kondo is the youngest toastmaster friend of mine. He is 4 months old. We had a crush upon each other at our first sight. When I held Olivier in my arms, he stopped crying and gazed at me with a big charming smile. He was an irresistible angel to me!

Toastmaster Sophia Chen and her husband invited me for lunch at Le Bistro de L'Olivier, a prestigious French restaurant in Taipei, this afternoon, to thank me for being Sophia's mentor for one year in Grand Toastmasters Club.

After lunch, Lydia picked me up to meet with Annie for afternoon tea at her home. Lydia is the godmother of Annie. Annie just arrived in Taipei from France for two weeks business trip with her husband in Taiwan. When I mentioned about the delicious Foie gras at Le Bistro de L'Olivier. Annie introduced to me her proud son Olivier born in Paris four months ago. What a coincidence, the same name!

The afternoon tea party of three generations was pleasant. We talked about toastmasters. Lydia and I were happy that we might convert four non-toastmasters to toastmasters this afternoon, including Annie, Olivier, Kathryn, and Vincent. Annie knows about Toastmasters because her husband Derrick was recommended to join a Toastmasters club before he got his Ph.D. degree.

Kathryn, Lydia's college classmate, just arrived in Taipei for a week vacation from the US with her son Vincent. Kathryn and Vincent were interested in how Lydia and I became close friends. In the end, we talked long hours about how golden ladies grew and developed ourselves in Toastmasters. Olivier's eyes sparkled at me when he was not asleep.

I would be in my 70's when Olivier turns 18. It would be awesome if I could listen to his icebreaking speech no matter where it might be. And I look forward to seeing the cute little boy once in my arms stand tall and speak up one day in Toastmasters!

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...