2009/04/07

Traveling Diary

The traveling diary of golden ladies embarked upon her journey this afternoon. I gave it to Trini at our lunch gathering at Milano Cafe' with the witness of Pamela, Lydia, Cecilia and Sophia. The diary will be traveling from now on with one of us to an unknown part of the world for a period of time until she is passed down to another succeeding golden lady. Why a traveling diary in the first place?

No doubt, blogging on the internet has been an efficient and successful way to connect golden ladies so far. We have been brought together to read Toastmaster magazine on monthly basis and to share our thoughts on daily basis in the cyber world for the past three years. We chitchat, we laugh, we cry, we document our happy and sad moments.

From "Sex and the City", "Cashmere Mafia", "Lipstick Jungle", I don't seem to get bored watching the TV series about the stories among women friends. And I went beyond to see "The Sisterhood of Traveling Pants" I & II early this year, even I'm not a teenage girl and I don't have one in my life. The story was inspiring. It was about four young girls who acquired a pair of magical jeans that fit all four of them perfectly. And the magic traveling pants took turns traveling with one of foursome to all parts of the world.

The advent of telecommunication is certainly one of the greatest achievements of human beings to shorten the distance between people. But what if we could travel back to the old times, we could receive something tangible in our hands, something to place on our desks, something to kiss and to shed tears! So I got the idea that golden ladies could share something substantial like the magic jeans in the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. Without any ado, I asked Sophia Chen to design a traveling diary for golden ladies last week.

Sophia has been scrapbooking for a long time. In addition to her makeup artist and stylist career, she also designs taylor made cards for important occasions. She enjoys particularly designing photo albums for family and friends. When I told her about the idea of a traveling diary for golden ladies, Sophia jumped at the chance to offer her helping hands immediately. Within two days, Sophia designed an A-4 traveling diary, with the theme of "QUEENS of the COURT" and lots of colorful adornments from page to page. As soon as I received the beautiful and cheerful traveling diary, on the first page I jotted down what happened to me the emotional roller coaster day of 24 hours in my life last Thursday.

The traveling diary is a collective letter per se. I am curious how it evolves during the time we grow old and how it weaves our lives and add colors to family and friends around us. Like the traveling pants of the sisterhood, I believe the traveling diary will let golden ladies learn to become individuals whilst maintaining our friendship that makes us whole.

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...