2008/05/31

Garden Party for the Elderly

Trini and I joined Hsin-tien Volunteers Group to perform an opening dance at the Garden Party for the Elderly Saturday afternoon, the 31st of May. Our colorful square dancing costumes caught a lot of attention from the crowd. Immediately after Carpenters' Sweet Sweet Smile, we performed Eyes Like Yours in our dazzling belly dance costumes and won a big applause from the audience.

The Garden Party was held mainly to raise funds for elderly with dementia. After our clogging dance performance Trini and I took it easy to hunt for food, drinks, accessories, clothes for more than three hours, we had every reason to buy in the name of charity. We had three big bags full of loot in our hands when the garden party came to an end at 5PM. Trini was named No. 1 buyer, and I was No.2.

While Trini decided to stay around to visit the sunset market in the neighborhood, I left her alone and went home. I wonder where Trini got all her energy. We met at 11 o'clock this morning to rehearse the clogging dance, try on the square dancing costumes, and practise how to be a sexy cowgirl to the best of our abilities. We didn't take any rest in the afternoon. I was exhausted before I arrived home.

It has been a fruitful and successful garden party this afternoon. Hopefully the money we raised would do something for the elderly with dementia. I bet Trini is more eager than I am to show off the clothes and bags she bought at the garden party to golden ladies at our next gathering in the future.

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...