2008/05/25

Day 9--The Sprint in Spring

Sayonara Toastmasters in Kyushu
Hiromi Takigawa, EVP of Dazaifu Toastmasters Club and Kazue Fujino, President of Fukuoka Toastmasters Club saw me off at the Fukuoka International Airport Saturday morning, the 24th of May. We didn't shed tears for leaving one another, on the contrary, we are happy that we shall meet soon to celebrate the joint 10th anniversary of Success Toastmasters and the 20th anniversary of Kumamoto Toastmasters Club in Taoyuan in October.

Chikushino City--City of Treasures
Among many cities in Japan, I would say Chikushino City has the most to offer. From Dazaifu relics, Kyushu National Museum, to Futsukaichi hot spring, people can enjoy a splendid time of history, culture and nature during the day. When the night falls, the best jazz in town at the Jazz Factory Nishimura in a quiet and secluded residential area is alluring.

Hiromi drove me back to New Sakaiya Hotel late last night and picked me up at 8:30 this morning. Upon Toastmaster Yumiko Nakano's recommendation, we stopped by the English Garden of Daiichi Keizai University on our way to Fukuoka International Airport.

English Rose Garden
May is the best reason to see the flower blossom in Japan. After the falling of Sakura, the most favorite flower of Japanese, many flowers are rushing to burst into beings, iris, hydrangea, rose, just to name a few. No matter where we go, we see high school students on their extracurrcular activities. Japanese students are lucky to have the school trips in the breeze of May fragance. The English Garden of May is a must see in Dazaifu. I was very impressed by the management team of Daiichi Keizai University to house a traditional English rose garden on campus.

The Sprint in Spring
D67 Spring Convention Tote Bag (with Sprint in Spring logo) was handy when I traveled in Kyushu for nine days. I sewed "I'm a Toast Master" with blue dazzling paillettes at the other side of the tote bag. I'm proud of my walking identity and advertisement of toastmasters for my entire trip in Kyushu.

I left my heart in Kyushu
I like Kyushu for many reasons, even it is the first time I travel in Kyushu. Maybe because Taiwan was a part of Kyushu in the past, I felt at home when I was in Kyushu, the food, the people, the weather and the Kyushu accent of Japanese language. The more I see Kyushu, the more I am fond of it.

The Best is yet to Come
I didn't want to wake up from my Kyushu dream, but I have to move on to new adventures in front of me. Kyushu is the place I shall return to know more about it, to love it more. Have a look at photos of Day 9 in Dazaifu.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sherry-san,

I enjoyed the photos a lot. The rose garden was really romantic and beautiful.
The Sunamushi-Buro (hot-sand bathing), day 5 photos are funny and cute.
All of you look like school girls on a school trip.

See you! Hiromi TAKIGAWA

PS:
The place with a hot-spring is not in "Futsuka-city" . Futsukaichi in Chikushino-ciry is right.
Futsukaichi means, a market on every day with 2 in a month, such as, 2nd, 12th, and 22nd in a month, there was a market on the street.
"Ichi" means a market not a city.
Japanese kanji pronunciation, especially place names are confusing.

Sherry Li 李向慈 said...

Dear Hiromi san,

Thank you for the correction of pronunciation of "Futsukaichi" and the explanation of the meaning of Futsukaichi. I really appreciated it. I shall rewrite the articles accordingly.

The trip to Ibusuki was awesome. All four of us enjoyed the sand bath a lot. Our faces turned pink after the bath and we felt like school girls on a school trip. It was so memorable and enjoyable.

With a lot of hugs,
Sherry

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...