2015/02/28

On 228

District 67 held the serial advanced workshop on Effect Club Officers meeting at the National Postal Museum Saturday, February 28th. I participated in the first serial workshop (Club Coach Workshop) when I took the challenge as a club coach of Aloha Toastmasters Club in December 29th, 2013.

As Taipei Botanical Garden is in the proximity of Postal Museum, I thought it would be a nice idea to create a facebook event for participants to enjoy an early morning promenade at Taipei Botanical Garden for an hour, from 7:30 till 8:30.

Only three participants showed up, President Zoy Jaung, Treasurer Betty Lin, and me, VPPR from Grand Toastmasters Club. We saw many early birds at the garden, including Taiwan Magpie, Chinese Bulbul, Gray Heron, and we took many photos holding Toastmaster Magazine February issue with hibiscus blossom in the background. What a refreshing warm-up before the workshop!

The workshop on Effect Club Officers Meeting was conducted by senior Toastmasters (Edward Chen, Harry Fong, Joy Tsai, Jorie Wu) featuring four demos in-between. It was very rewarding to observe veteran Toastmasters coach juniors to run club officers meetings effectively. I saw the giant leap of Zoy in presiding two mock club officers meetings in the morning and in the afternoon. She excelled her communication and leadership skills in less than four hours, from knowing how to listen actively to asking questions timely and accordingly.

During the lunch break, Zoy, Betty and I paid homage to 228 victims at National Postal Museum, right across the street from National 228 Memorial Museum. While we took photos with the red banner of US Marine Corps—Devil Dogs (from Devil Dogs to Grand in 1984), we caught some attention on 228, the most devastating day in Taiwan history.

When I was called upon to tell why I joined the workshop, I replied that I simply wanted to network with Toastmasters and friends. In the end, I caught up with old members and made acquaintance with new members. I was contented that I made it to the workshop. I learned about the importance of ownership of each club officer and 3 W (Who to do What at When). Meetings are not about talking in the air, meetings are about making solutions and building solidarities among club officers.

Be the advent in social media, Line, Facebook, Instagram, I believe more in vis-a-vis networking. People can bring up ideas and put them into actions instantly. After I listen to other members' opinions, I adjust my perspectives accordingly. For life-long learning toastmasters, it's never too late for us to learn new tricks, junior or senior Toastmasters. Toastmasters are proven examples of neuroplasticity through learning by doing!

After the workshop, I rushed to golden ladies Spring Wine Party. It was a full house of people, food, beverage, noise and laughter. I put on my newly bought Latin dancing shoes to practice tango, cha-cha, and jitterbug. At the coming dancing class from next Wednesday, I look forward to learning Rumba and waltz intensively in the next three months.

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...