2015/02/01

Golden Ladies Toastmasters Slumber Party

At 6:30PM, nine golden ladies and friends showed up at Duckstay Saturday evening, January 31st. We had dinner at the most famous Taiwanese noodles shop in Wanhua. We ordered everything on the menu and we were the last group of customers to leave. The food was authentic and the price was reasonable. The shop owner took several good photos of us standing in front of the historic picture of the shop.

After dinner, we began the wine and dancing party. Kate brought a big bottle of white wine. I put on an one-piece flowery silk dress and all the other eight ladies were wearing pants. I was the only dancer who can lead. I took turns dancing with those who can follow. Then we began the karaoke party. Kate, Gina and their Peking Opera fans friends performed famous librettos, Michelle and I sang together Jiang-huey's famous song of a heartbroken showgirl. We watched the lyrics on Michelle's new i-phone6. We waited for Irene and Pamela to show up at 9:30PM. We had a marvelous group photo taken, 11 golden ladies and friends in total.

Only five ladies decided to stay overnight, Pamela, Michelle, Kate, Kate's sister and me. After we put on warmer clothes, we ventured to Wanhua night market. It was the first time I visited the famous Hua-xi Street before midnight. After the night snack, we walked back to Duckstay. On our way back, I saw the homeless in their sleeping bags along the aisles of MRT Wan-hua Station.

In the wee hours, shops were closed. We walked under the long, quiet and dark arcade. The road was covered with garbage, the smell became stronger. It would be unbearable for most people, but I tried to remember the strange smell of mixed food scraps and sweats, a special smell of hardworking people from dawn to dusk in the oldest district of Taipei. I wanted to remember everything with my five senses. I wanted to seize the chance to transcend to the past when I took a stroll on the streets in Wanhua in late night. Before long, the road will be bright and clean again.

The slumber party officially began after we settled at Room 7, the room closest to the toillette. After I put on my PJ. I thought about going downstairs to have a photo taken, but I wished more to hit the sack after a hot shower. The late night spicy women's talk didn't end till three o'clock in the morning. I didn't watch the time, I was the last to sleep. I knew I was, because I heard the heavy breathing around me. I changed my position with head against the wall at night, because I felt the bed was shorter than mine at home.

I was totally lost track of time. I thought it was still early when I woke up to use the toillete. Why the clean lady worked so hard Sunday morning? I went back to sleep. Before long, Michelle was all dressed up for the day. “Was she in a hurry for somewhere at 7 in the morning,” I thought. “Oh no, it was ten already,” shouted Kate. Kate and her sister were supposed to attend the Sunday service downstairs at 10:30. It was indeed a good night sleep from 3 till 10.

After breakfast at the most famous porridge shop, Michelle, Pamela and I took a walk at the Bo-Pi-Liao historical residential area. We took many great photos taken. Then we return to Duckstay to fetch our luggages just in time to join Kate and her sister for afternoon coffee. What a memorable and enjoyable two-days traveling in Wanhua. Hope I can do it again with Toastmasters from abroad during District 67 Spring Conference 2015 in Taipei in April.

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...