2014/11/09

Bashamichi Toastmasters Club

Bashamichi Toastmasters Club—Sunday November 9th, 2014

Bashamichi Toastmasters Club (#1012628) holds bi-weekly meetings from 14:00-16:20 on Sunday afternoons on the 4th floor of Yokohama Community Center. The venue is bright and free of charge.

Toastmaster Yada Toshio waited for me at JR Sakuragijo Station at 13:30. He spoke fluent Mandarin when I saw him. I couldn't believe my ears. Within two years, Toastmaster Yada could speak Mandarin from none to perfect 4 tones. He told me that he studied Mandarin for 20 minutes everyday with a teacher in Dalien, China.

When I saw Toastmaster Joken Ikuko from Meridian Toastmasters Club, Oh my God, she spoke Mandarin like a native Chinese. Ikuko learned Mandarin in Shanghai as an exchange student and she worked in Hong Kong for a couple of years. She looked more like a Chinese than a Japanese. Language indeed affected people's mannerisms.

Upon the invitation of Bashamichi Toastmasters Club, I rehearsed my workshop on “Language Acquisition in Toastmasters” for 30 minutes. After receiving valuable feedback from DTMs Omachi, Kawauchi, Hanada, Yada, Kawakami, and Toastmaster Imamura Miwa, I felt fully charged to break my leg at District 76 Fall Conference 2014.

I was extremely happy to see Toastmaster Pierre Chen and his youngest son at the meeting. Pierre joined Bashamichi as a member as soon as he arrived in Japan as the diplomat from Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Taiwan. I believe Bashamichi will become a stronger club with a senior foreign diplomat in the club.

In the evening, we enjoyed a fancy dinner at an Italian restaurant Issa, Colette Mare, on the 7F of Minato-Mirai Department Store. After dinner, Ikuko and I took the same train to Tokyo. She and I shared many secrets about life, including how to charter a new Toastmasters Club.

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...