2014/11/16

Beautiful Sunday

District 76 Fall Conference 2014—Sunday November 16th

In order to reduce the weight of my luggage, I ate most snacks in my luggage for breakfast, packed my suitcase to check out at the Arts Building before 9 o'clock.

I was excited about the English humorous speech contest Sunday morning, because one of the six contestants, Toastmaster Keizo Matsui was representing Kyoto Toastmasters Club. He was the first speaker, and he placed the 2nd runner-up (Toastmaster Atsushi Komiyama, the first runner-up and Toastmaster Rukyle Lindsay Howser, the Champion). Many congratulations to Toastmaster Keizo Matsui, the incumbent President of Kyoto Toastmasters Club. And it's his 3rd presidency of Kyoto Toastmasters Club.

After the English humorous speech contest, Lance gave a keynote speech about "Losing My Way to the World Championship" for one hour. He talked about his story failing at the Division speech contest, district speech contest, international speech contest before he claimed the championship. Sitting at the first row, I felt the energy and enthusiasm Lance conveyed to the audience. It was a very successful and powerful keynote speech.

After the closing ceremony, Toastmaster Yada Toshio, Jogen Ikuko, Pierre Chen and his youngest son and I had okonomi yaki for a late lunch at a restaurant in Shinjuku to continue our discussion about chartering a Mandarin speaking Toastmasters Club. Hopefully there will be a prospective club registered with the Toastmasters headquarters before the end of March 2014.

It was ten five when I arrived at JR Makuhari station. Emiko was waiting for me, because I didn't take the house key with me when I left for District 76 Fall Conference 2014 Friday morning. We enjoyed a peaceful evening overlooking the Makuhari beach sitting on the candle lit veranda. I really like the quiet neighborhood in Makuhari. I wish I can visit Emiko again in 2015.

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...