2012/11/21

Thanksgiving Eve

The third Wednesday fell on Thanksgiving Eve in 2012. President May Huang of Grand Toastmasters club organized a big dinner party for members to enjoy two BBQ chickens from Cosco, two large Combo Pizza from Pizza Hut, a big cheese cake.

Grand has a long time tradition to celebrate the Beaujolais evening when Grand held the club meeting on the first and third Thursday evenings. After moving to the new venue in 2011, Grand meets on the first and third Wednesday evenings. It's nice to celebrate the Thanksgiving with club members for the first time in Grand's history.

I was the first to arrive at the meeting venue as I wish to express my thankfulness to President May Huang and Area H1 Governor Yvan Chu for their support during the evaluation contest at D67 Fall Conference 2012. Being the early bird, I was delighted to help the SAA arrange the layout of the meeting venue. And early birds got the first piece of mouth watering chicken and pizza. Yummy~

As I didn't have any job assignment, I was called upon to answer one of the tabletopics by Toastmaster Jimmy Wu, and luckily I won the best tabletopics speaker to my surprise! After the club meeting, there was no second meeting, I think it was because everybody was full in stomach!  And everybody was in a hurry to head home for rest.

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...