2012/11/17

District 67 Fall Conference 2012

I got up early for the dress rehearsal with 8 golden ladies Toastmasters at nine o'clock at New Taipei City Hall. Then I attended the English Humorous Speech Semi-Final Contest Group B to support Agnes Ng of Galaxy Toastmasters Club at Room 507.

After lunch, the opening ceremony featuring Dr. Dilip R. Abayasekara's keynote speech started at 1PM. Dr. Abayasekara talked about thee Cs in Toastmasters, 1. Courage to stretch; 2. Confidence to achieve; and 3. Caring to build. And he emphasized that The Toastmasters International is safe, positive and fun, an acronym of SPF.

In the late afternoon, I represented Division H to participate in English Evaluation Contest at the auditorium. I was the lucky No. 2 evaluator, I observed 8 outstanding evaluators after me to learn their evaluation skills and strategies. Even though I didn't place, I was contented to be able to evaluate a test speaker on stage at the big venue of 1,400 seats. I felt really proud of myself. Just look at the big smile on my face, you know what I mean. I wish I could do better next year. Firstly, I must place at Division H Evaluation Contest in November 2013.

In the evening, 9 golden ladies toastmasters wowed the audience with our splendid aboriginal dance to open the conference party.

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...