2011/10/01

The Cooking Toastmasters--Chapter Three

I felt like being transcended back to Chia-yi in the 60's when I showed the dinner guests to MRT Dapingling station Saturday evening, October 1st. I remember vividly, when I was ten years old, my parents gave me a big birthday party. I was allowed to sit between them at the head table to welcome family and friends. I was the birthday star. I was the happiest person in the world.

I was born on the 9th of October. It was the first time I celebrated my birthday one week in advance in 2011. Why? My husband will be out of town on my birthday. Virginia will be in China on my birthday. Pamela will be in the US on my birthday. In the end, Virginia and I had a splendid joint birthday party at my brother Jimmy's place. We reached an unprecedented party decibel when all guests were excited talking about their life stories in big voices under the alcohol effect--five bottles of red wine! Can you hear the laughter, chitchat, singing, wowing at the opening of the birthday presents?

Firstly, I must thank Jimmy for hosting the birthday dinner party for me and Virginia. He spent quite some time working on the menu for the cooking Toastmasters Chapter three. Secondly, I was touched that Chef Jo Shih of the Cooking Toastmasters--Chapter One and Chef Gina Cheng of the Cooking Toastmasters--Chapter Two also came to support the cooking Toastmasters dinner gathering. Lastly, I wish to thank all my friends for coming to my 56th birthday and made it a very special day for me!

Aperitif
Korean Sweet Paste noodles
Japanese Yaki Sanba, Chawanmushi
Mongolian Chicken Soup
Chinese starters, stir-fries
Birthday Cakes (carrot with cinnamon and cheese homemade by Pamela)
Fruits
Digestif

Being an early bird this morning, I was the first customer to have my hair done at a hair saloon in my neighborhood. Then I walked to Jimmy's place back and forth to make sure everything was in order. Time flied twice faster when I was excited about what was about to happen. Before long, it was dinner time.

The dinner party started at five. President Gina Cheng of Grand Toastmasters Club was the first guest to come, she needed to leave before seven to see a Flamenco show at the National Theater. Pamela was the second guest to come, she arrived with two freshly baked birthday cakes right out of oven. Jo came with two gorgeous Swarovski bracelets, one for me, the other for Virginia. Many golden ladies came one after another and gave me a big red envelop. Toastmaster Caroline joined the party after eight, she volunteered to perform a traditional Chinese song to lead the birthday party to the climax.

When will be the next gathering for golden ladies Toastmasters? Lydia will be celebrating her 60th birthday Saturday, November 5th. In the meantime, there will be a birthday party for Kate and many rehearsals for Lydia's 60th birthday party.

In Chinese culture, the 60th birthday is a landmark life event. It is an age to be proud of. Sixty years makes a cycle of a life and 61 is regarded as the beginning of a new life cycle. Hooray, let's give Lydia a super 60th birthday party to make her the happiest person in the world!

Remarks:
人生如四季,零至二十歲是春天,生趣盎然;二十至四十歲是夏天,熱情奔放;四十至六十歲是秋天,看透世事;六十至八十歲是冬天,給人溫暖,以豐富的人智慧啟發世人;八十至一百歲是春夏秋冬。

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...