2011/10/03

The Proud MC

He who hesitates ... is lost.

To my surprise, I received a email from Harry and Lydia early this morning, inviting me to be the MC of Lydia's 60th birthday party. They made my day by giving me the honor. I had a sound reason to buy another fancy party costume! Let's keep the birthday ball running!

"I think Sherry needs at least six costumes for your birthday party," Toastmaster Trini Ding joked immediately after she received the invitation email from Lydia to me, CCed her. Trini announced an auspicious number SIX for my costumes. As far as I can remember, I often change costumes at the party, but as many as SIX costumes. I'm delighted to follow the suit to break the record. Fortunately, I just bought two new dresses from Toastmaster Eva Liu last week. I can have two new chipaos made when I'm in China next week. As for the rest two costumes, I'm obliged to shop around in Taipei!

To be honest, I felt so much relaxed When Trini gave her consent to take charge of the slide show for Lydia and Harry agreed to be the party organizer. With the helping hands of two DTMs at the beginning of the party planning, I foresee a memorable party. Being an action taker, Harry drew a tentative party plan at once as follows,

1. Golden ladies group dance
2. France opera by Sherry/Hugues
3. Kate/Gina perform Chinese opera
4. Lydia will dance
5. Singing from Church
6. Henry/Mary will lead a line dance
7. Eva will sing (to confirm)
8. Tim Huang will lead ball room dance (he confirms)
9. Bill Wan willlead group dance (to confirm)
10. KTV singing...
11. to develop...

It was Harry who took the initiative to throw a birthday party for his better half-Lydia who will soon become 60, a milestone in her life. Harry decided to hire a professional camera man to document the whole event and to prepare DVDs for every guest to the birthday party.

Coincidentally, I received an email from Hugues, saying that he agreed to perform Carmen with me. I felt flattered to be on stage with him after being apart from him for 18 years! With a few exchanges of emails, Hugues and I came up the tentative proposal. I attempt "Havanaise: L'amour est un oiseau rebelle", and Hugues works on "Toreador, en garde" (II,2). I'm sure we shall wow the golden ladies Toastmasters, as well as many Toastmasters in District 67.

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...