2011/01/30

A Heartfelt Eulogy

On behalf of the Golden Ladies Toastmasters, I attended Linda's father's funeral Sunday morning, January 30th. In order to make it to the early funeral service in the morning, I stayed at my sister's place in Tai-chung Saturday evening.

Linda's big house was in the countryside in Chang-hwa. The funeral service took place in the front yard. There were a full house of people from all walks of life waiting in line to say farewell to Linda's father, including the local town congress people and school presidents. I also signed up to say the farewell as the representative of the District 67 of the Toastmasters International.

It was a solemn funeral decorated with flowers and fruits. There were three musical groups, Chinese, Western, and Taiwanese ensembles. The Master of Ceremony was professional in funeral service. What impressed me the most was the elmentary school president who delivered the eulogy at the beginning of the funeral service. He talked about Linda's father and his family for 20 minutes in Taiwanese without reading the notes. I really admired his speaking skills full of feelings of respect and dignity.

I know how hard it is for Linda to accept the truth that her beloved father passed away. I was glad I made it to the heartfelt funeral service of Linda's father to give comfort and to express words of love to Linda and her mother.

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...