2011/01/12

Social Networking in Toastmasters

Toastmaster Janifer Kuo of Skal Taipei Toastmasters Club called me early yesterday morning. She told me she would serve as the Tabletopics Master at the 1st anniversary of Skal Taipei Toastmasters Club.

Janifer told me that she visited Mongolia with her husband last June and asked me in what way we could cooperate with each other to present Mongolia to the fellow Toastmasters in the presence of Mr. Markhaaj Choidorj, the Head of the Ulaanbaatar Trade and Economic Representative Office in Taipei, Wednesday evening, January 19th.

Janifer is an enthusiastic Toastmaster. She has contributed herself in Japanese speaking toastmasters Clubs for the past five years and has made a great process in the communication and leadership programs in Toastmasters. I didn't know that Jannifer also joined an English speaking Toastmasters Club till yesterday morning.

Janifer and I met at Starbucks Cafe' at the intersection of Sung-jiang and Ming-shen Roads from 1:30 to 3 this afternoon. First Jannifer told me why she joined Skal Taipei bilingual Toastmasters Club as a member. She wanted to learn how to run a bilingual Toastmasters Club, so that she can charter a bilingual Japanese and Mandarin Toastmasters Club in the future. Then she showed me the list of tabletopics she would address upon at the 1st anniversary club meeting. I was very impressed at the working attitude of Toastmaster Janifer. And I must work harder to prepare my speech about Toastmasters in Mongolia.

Dr. Stephen R. Covey, the author of the 7 habits of highly effective people, has been advocating the importance of social networking and the community to empower our greatness. Being a veteran Toastmaster, I'm glad I joined the world biggest non-profit education organization where each individual can learn the communication and leadership skills in a friendly and positive environment, build the friendships and professional alliances, and share information about the topics and interests in life.

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...