2011/01/19

Toastmasters in Mongolia

I delivered a speech about Toastmasters in Mongolia at Skal Taipei Toastmasters Club's first anniversary ceremony Wednesday evening, January 19th. I would not have thought of the honor to speak in front of His Excellency Markhaaj Choidorj from Mongolia and His Excellency William Tapia from Nicaragua when I joined Grand Toastmasters Club in 1986. I was glad I did. It has been one of the smartest decisions I made in my life. And the Toastmasters has changed my life ever since! I'm a better listener, thinker, and speaker. I'm more proactive, passinate, and positive. I love people more! And I love myself more!

Among 260,000 Toastmasters Members in the world, I was one of the happiest toastmasters to know the birth of Toastmasters Mongolia Club on the 13th of December 2010. I knew the good news from the Toastmasters International's official Website. I am happy that Mongolia joined the big Toastmasters family in 2010.

Before the start of Skal Taipei's 1st anniversary ceremony, His Excellency William Tapia from Nicaragua and I had a chat. We talked about the beautiful Nicaragua and we talked about Toastmasters. President Joseph Fan of Innovative Toastmasters Club helped me go on-line with his i-phone to find a club in Nicaragua. There is none. Wow, I have a new mission in 2011! It's to make Nicaragua the 117th country in the Toastmasters International. And, I must study Spanish now.

President Mayumi Hu of Skal Taipei Toastmasters Club is my role model. She speaks more than seven languages. When I saw her chitchat with His Excellency Tapia in Spanish like father and daughter. I know that I must spare no time catching up with her. Toastmasters is not only a friendly and positive learning environment to hone communication and leadership skills, it is also THE place to meet up with the outstanding people for us to emulate.

According to His Excellency Markhaaj Choidorj of Mongolia, there will soon be a direct flight between Taipei and Ulaanbaatar in 2012. I look forward to taking the first direct flight to Ulaanbaatar to meet up with the Toastmasters fellows in Mongolia! Would you like to join me?

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Sherry
You are so kind and understanding, and one of the easiest person to get along. I always learn something by observing you and your performance in toastmasters.

I read your blog and little correction for my name is Joseph Fan la...and not lin...
Cheers
Joseph Fan

Sherry Li said...

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for reminding me of your surname. I've made the correction accordingly.

I'm glad to take the opportunity to thank you again for helping me find a club in Nicaragua in the presence of His Excellency William Tapia at Skal Taipei Toastmasters Club's 1st anniversary. Together we took an initiative to impress our Ambassador from Nicaragua.

I shall visit Innovative Toastmasters Club with many Toastmasters from District 76 in April.

Cheers,
Sherry

Unknown said...

Dear Fellow Skai Taipei Toastmasters and Madam Sherryl!

Congratulations on your first year anniversary! You have done a tremendous job in the short time you have passed through. We greatly appreciate your hard work, efficiency, dedication and, above all, enthusiasm!
Thanks to Madam Sherryl, we, the first Mongolian Toastmasters, have found out about your club. Now, we all together belong to the same big family called Toastmasters International.

May all your fellow members become distinguished TI members!

Good luck!

Dr.Ganchimeg Zagdaa
President, Toastmasters Mongolia Club, Mongolia
doctorganaa@doctorganaa.com

Sherry Li 李向慈 said...

Dear President Ganchimeg Zagdaa,

Thank you very much for your congratulatory message on Skal Taipei Toastmasters Club's 1st anniversary. Like you, I was very impressed with the teamwork of Skal Taipei Toastmasters Club's officers under the leadership of President Mayumi Hu.

It's not easy to charter a Toastmasters club, it is more difficult to sustain a high quality Toastmasters club. Whenever I think of our founder Dr. Smedley who chartered the first Toastmasters club in 1924, I know we can do more and do better to let more people benefit from the great non-profit educational organization to train the communication and leadership skills of people.

Feel free to contact me if you need any advice in running a club, I'd be more than delighted to be at your disposal. I'm sure we shall meet with each other in person in UB soon in the future.

Welcome to the big Toastmasters family.

Sherry Li, ATM-B
President Grand Toastmasters Club 1993
President Kyoto Toastmasters Club 2001

Unknown said...

Dear Dr. Ganchimeg Zagdaa,

Thank you for your warm and encouraging message and thank you also Ms. Sherry Li for your support and promoting our club so enthusiastically. I must say, I am the one who will follow your steps and learn so much from you. While I am still a novice in the Toastmasters family, the support that a Veteran Toastmaster like you is giving us is tremendously encouraging.

I am very fortunate to be surrounded by genuine friends and members who care for the club and treasure the benefits they are receiving from joining the Skal Taipei Toastmasters Club. In just one year, I’ve seen myself doing better as a leader as well as a communicator. I can also see the progress and self-confidence that our members are exhibiting meeting after meetings and this is such a gratifying pleasure!

I look forward to having the chance to visit Mongolia with Sherry and share more great Toastmasters experience with you.

Sincerely,

Mayumi

Unknown said...

Sherry: You are always so quick and efficient. Thank you on behalf of Innovative to bring friends from our Dist. 76 to visit us. It will be our great honour and my hearty welcome to you and guests from Japan. Cheers!!! Joseph

Sherry Li 李向慈 said...

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for the compliment. I shall be delighted to bring Toastmasters from D76 to visit your club in April.

Happy Chinese New Year to your family and Innovative club members!

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...