2009/06/25

My Endless Love

Recent developments involving matters of the heart were thrilling, but the excitement has died down and now you're wondering if it was all a dream. It wasn't! It's just that the focus has shifted to considerably duller concerns. Horoscope of Libra, South China Morning Post 6/25/2009

My tears poured(禁不住兩行老淚撲簌簌掉個不停)on the tour bus the last day I was in Shanghai. After we checked out of the Tang Dynasty Hotel Thursday morning, June 25th, I asked the Chinese tour guide if I could be given a few minutes to express my gratitude to the bus driver, two tour guides and all the traveling members for the enjoyable and memorable trip in China.

The moment I walked to the front and opened my mouth, my eyes were flooded with tears. Bla, bla, bla, I talked aimlessly for ten minutes. Before I returned to my seat at the back, I burst into laughter when Mr. Hsu, the Chinese tour guide, gave me a big Wuxi Yangshan juicy peach as a tangible and substantial token of appreciation! Yummy~~

Gosh, I had never thought that I could have learned so much in the past week sightseeing, shopping, eating, chatting with golden ladies in southern China. It was indeed a sentimental week in my life. Even though I didn't have any chance to meet with any toastmasters in China, I was happy that I successfully converted several tour members into future toastmasters.

I was born and brought up in a mainlanders military (Shirakawa in Japanese) community in Chia-yi. My neighbors were from all over China, from the North to the South, from the West to East. Aunty Chao across the small alley came from Shao-hsing, I adored her delicious Shaohsing cuisine. Aunty Yang next door to the right came from Peking, her Mandarin was lovely to my ears.

Traveling in China was much more than sightseeing. It was to reminisce my childhood of joy and happiness. Every person I met on the street in China reminded me of some uncles or aunts in my youth. My love of China was so immense that I became a teenager when I was in China searching for the familiar faces and voices in the past.

On my way home on the bus, I took a second look at the highway from the CKS airport to Taipei, I was glad I was back to Taipei. I love Taipei. I miss my sweet home, I miss my husband, I miss my brother, I miss my everyday life in Taipei. At last, I can sit in front of the desktop dreaming~~~

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...