2009/06/27

Toastmaster Magazine Reading Gathering in June

The cozy and spacious karaoke lounge was full of laughter at Lydia's on rainy Saturday afternoon, June 27th. I saw eight golden ladies screaming at the karaoke screen, competing with one another. From Taiwanese, Mandarin, to English songs, golden ladies sang one after another without noticing me sneaking in wet when the automatic door opened.

I was one hour late for the special afternoon tea party organized by Lydia to swap memory chips of photos taken in China from our cameras. The table by the karaoke screen was fully covered with sweets of Taiwan and delicacies from China, in additions to many seasonal fruits, lychee, mango, pineapple, just to name a few.

I missed the scene of Chipao changing, I missed the scene of Peking opera posing, I missed the storytelling about our fantastic trip in China, but I was in time for Toastmaster Magazine reading gathering in June.

We didn't spend much time reading three articles in Toastmaster May 2009, 1. Technically Speaking By John Cadley, page 12; 2. Do you blog? by Lin Grensing-Pophal, page 16; 3. PowerPoint Made Easy by Narges Nirumuvala, page 22, because when in China, five golden ladies read and talked about the articles whenever we had a break on the tour bus or in the hotel room.

After reading gathering, Amy asked me if I could hang around and show her the photos we took in China on my laptop. We went to a tea house nearby and Amy was happy to see all the joyful and blissful photos we took in China in less than an hour.

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...