2008/12/27

Toastmaster Magazine Reading Gathering in December

It's Irene's birthday today. Golden ladies got together at Hwa-young for luncheon to meet with Irene's newly wed son and daughter-in-law. We all felt happy for Irene to have another shoulder to lean on when needed. After lunch, the newly wed couple bought a big birthday cake and I saw tears in Irene's big lovely eyes.

Three years ago, on Irene's birthday, Michelle and I presented a tap dance performance at Formosa Toastmasters Club. Time certainly flies. I can't help think about the beginning of my tap dancing journey three years ago with Michelle. I invited Michelle to join a tapping dancing class at Youth 17 in March. Our debut performance was at Grand Toastmasters Club's 30th anniversary in May. In September, I organized a D67 tap dancing troupe of 8 toastmasters and I got to know Irene. We had a successful performance at D67 Fall Convention 2005 in November.

Irene, Michelle and I switched from American tap dancing to Irish tap dancing, finally we settled upon the clogging dance in 2006 upon Trini's invitation. And golden ladies clogging toastmasters began the monthly Toastmaster Magazine reading gathering in March 2007. This blog was constructed mainly to document many happy, memorable and joyful reading and clogging activities among us.

At lunch, Linda sat next to me and told me that Toastmaster Magazine December 2008 was a Christmas Present in time for me. I should consider publishing a booklet of golden ladies clogging toastmasters activities in the past two years. Wow, my dream of being an author might come true by Authoring the Success story of golden ladies toastmasters. What I need to do urgently is to follow two basic steps recommended by Patricia Fry, ATMS, to study the publishing industry and to write a book proposal. The tips on getting your book published by Neil Chethik gave me a comprehensive roadmap to get it done, well. Why wait? Just do it!

Year 2009 is around the corner. I am ready to extend from writing to publishing, from a writer to an author. I'd like to take the opportunity to solicit another golden lady to take charge of documenting our toastmaster magazine reading activities with another story telling and writing style. Please keep your eyes open to a new life and a new dimension of golden ladies clogging toastmasters.

At the end of 2008, I feel grateful that I can cherish the Toastmasters fellowship and friendship among golden ladies toastmasters. While documenting our reading and clogging activities, I could have the second chance to rejoice in our moments and achievements. I thank all golden ladies for being there and I hope more and more golden ladies can join our Toastmaster magazine reading gathering and venture with into the world of clogging dance.

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...