2008/12/09

Memorable Year 2008

Many things happened in year 2008. Many things will happen in the remaining three weeks of year 2008. This weekend I shall attempt two new things for the first time at the D67 Joint Xmas Party, Saturday evening, December 13th.

Grand Toastmasters Club members will perform a group Japanese Dance on stage for the first time. Five female members will perform Hanagasa Ondo, including President Carrie Chiang, EVP Yvan Chu, Sargent-at-Arms Erin Ke, reinstated member Ellen Huang, and new member Ashley. We had our rehearsal last Sunday afternoon by the relics of old Taipei Town. If not for the anachronous modern outfits and traffic noise, I felt like being transcended to an old Taipei a century years ago. The sky was bluer. The rice field expanded afar. The air was fresher. We could hear the wind blow.

Japanese Ondo is a simple and joyful folkdance. Every region has its own Ondo to celebrate the auspicious seasonal festival. Hanagasa Ondo is the folkdance of Yamagata Prefecture. Dancers, both male and female, carry flowery hats in hands and dance joyfully to the happy music.

目出度目出度の 若松様よ 枝も チョイチョイ
栄えて葉も茂る ハァ ヤッショマカショ
花の山形 紅葉の天童 雪を チョイチョイ
ながむる尾花沢 ハァ ヤッショマカショ
おらが在所ヘ 来てみてしゃんせ 米の チョイチョイ
なる木がおじぎする ハァ ヤッショマカショ
揃ろた揃ろたよ 笠踊り揃ろた 秋の チョイチョイ
出穂よりまだ揃ろた ハァ ヤッショマカショ


I shall perform a solo Japanese dance to a western music. To be honest, I've thought about performing Japanese to the opera, classical music, western folk music since I began studying Japanese dance five years ago. And finally my dream came true. My husband helped me select the dance music--Coldcut Autumn leaves.

Originally I planned to invite my Japanese dancers friends to perform at the Joint Xmas Party. Our Japanese Dance School has the year-end performance at the Youth Arts Center Saturday afternoon, December 13th. We can take the opportunity to perform the same dance at two different places in one day. Unfortunately they will be invited to a big dinner party and I have to be left alone. Here comes my chance to realize my dream to perform a solo Japanese dance to an English song. It's going to be an artistic adventure. I'm feeling excited about it!

Autumn leaves fall and are swept out of sight,
The words that you said have come true.
Autumn leaves fall and are swept out of sight,
So is the memory of love that we knew.

The wind of forgetfullness blows them
Into the night of regret.
The song we so often did sing,
Is echoing echoing yet.

The falling leaves,
Drift by the window.
The autumn leaves of red and gold.
I see your lips,
The summer kisses,
The sunburned hands I used to hold.

Since you went away,
The days grow long,
And soon I'll hear cold winter song.
But I miss you most of all, my darling,
When autumn leaves start to fall.

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...