2008/12/30

Sunrise 2009

There are many Toastmasters in District 67. Every Toastmaster is unique and talented in his or her own way. Young or old, male or female, native or foreigner, we are in the big Toastmasters family to learn communication and leadership skills. While we develop and grow in Toastmasters, we make many friends from all walks of life.

I joined the Toastmasters in 1986. What I like most about Toastmasters is the power of positive thinking and learning attitudes. Members of team spirit are supportive and enthusiastic about new tricks in life. And I love to bring toastmasters from different clubs together. In this way, I enjoy every moment in Toastmasters in the past two decades and I shall continue my passion to bring more Toastmasters and non-Toastmasters together in the years to come.

Sunrise Toastmasters Club's Year-end party showcased the fellowship and friendship among different Toastmasters clubs in Taiwan. Golden ladies performed an opening clogging dance "Black Mountain Rag". Toastmaster Eric Wu from Pacific Toastmasters Club gave an amazing magic show with a white rope. Toastmaster Kate Hsu from Prestige Toastmasters Club performed a popular piece of Peking Opera and invited all participants to join her Rock-n-Rock version. Kate's friend Chi-chung Shen sang a master piece of Protect the Zhao Orphan. At the end, Sunrise members got on stage to sing Ode to Joy, the fourth movement of Beethoven's 9th Symphony. Every sang Auld Lang Syne loudly before the mock countdown.

I don't deny that I was the Toastmaster who took initiatives to organize Sunrise Toastmasters Club's New Year Mock Countdown event for the following three reasons;

1. After I visited Sunrise Toastmasters Club in October, I promised President Scott and EVP Joe that I wold visit their club again, because I adore the small podium of their meeting venue at Taipei City Library, Wang Kuan-ying Branch;

2. Toastmaster Kate Hsu did not make it at golden ladies' clogging dance performance at Joint Christmas Party Saturday evening, December 13th, she celebrated her 30th anniversary with her better half at home. I thought it would be nice to have Kate Hsu and Jennie Wang (clogging dance instructor) to break a leg on stage at Sunrise's year end party;

3. Toastmaster Sophia Chen of Grand Toastmasters Club told me about her interest in stage design and party planning. I thought it would be an excellent chance for us to work together to present a warm, friendly and memorable year end party for Sunrise Toastmasters Club.

If I could name a Toastmaster club for toastmasters to bid farewell to Year 2008, Sunrise Toastmasters Club is it! After the new year countdown, we can look forward to the Sunrise. A new year just began. There are many exciting adventures waiting for us to explore! Best wishes for Sunrise Toastmasters CLub! Go, Go, Go!

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...