2007/11/15

We are the World!

I am grateful to the big Toastmasters family. No matter where I go, I feel at home attending the local toastmasters clubs meetings. It is the Toastmasters who enpowers me with the sense of "We Are the World". I walk into the communities, I chat with local residents, I feel like a family member of the world. We are not alone. We have family and friends around in the world.

Traveling solo is not easy, especially for a middle-aged woman, in a foreign country. I don't know the social codes in depth, I don't know the language well, but I have a strong motive to see the world with my eyes, to hear the world with my ears, to feel the world with my body, and to love the world with my soul.

In the past month, I've received countless helping hands from strangers and acquaintances. Some helped me carry my heavy luggage at the train station, some offered inspirational words, some gave encouraging smiles, some showed warm gestures. I remember each and every of them. I am indebted to all of them for a pleasant month in Japan.

We are the world; We are the children; We are the ones who make a brighter day; So let's start giving; There's a choice we're making; We're saving our own lives; It's true we'll make a better day; Just you and me!

If there is anything I can do to the world, I won't hesitate. If there is anything I can do to the world, I will commit myself to it. I am the world. You are the world. Together we make our world a better place for all.

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...