2007/11/11

Japan Rail Pass--Your Sight-seeing Passport to Japan

As a foreigner, I highly recommend the special ticket offered by Japan Railways (JR) Group to travelers from abroad.

I purchased a 21 days JR Pass (Green) for 79,600 Japanese yens in Taiwan before my departure. After coming to Japan, I really made good use of it. I traveled from the south to the north, from the west to the east. It is very pleasant riding the state-of-the-art bullet trains to see the beautiful scenery in Autumn while receiving attended service from beautiful and friendly stewardess on green cars.

JR also offers special tickets to locals, but at a higher price. Take the recent one フルムーン 大人の旅は、グリーン車に乗って スローダウンしたら、新しい景色が見えてきました for instance, for couples at added ages above 88, they are entitled to enjoy 12 days JR Couple Pass (Green) for 124,400 Japanese yens for two persons.

Even though a 21 days JR Pass (Ordinary) costs 21,900 Japanese yens less. I like the green better. That is right, I am an adult, I like to have a bigger seat, I like to read the in-train magazines, I like to listen to in-train music, I like to have a cup of complimentary drink from a beautiful stewardess as soon as I am seated. But on top of that, I can find a space easily to house my luggage.

If you have a chance to visit Japan for sight-seeing in the future, don't forget to purchase a JR Pass before your departure from your country. There are two types, Green and Ordinary available. Each type comes as a 7-day, 14-day, or 21-day Pass. You will certainly enjoy the All You Can Ride experience to get on and off the trains at any station your wish! I wonder if JR group would consider lauching a 90 days Pass for foreign tourists, I'd be the first one to get it for sure.

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...