2007/11/06

The Productivity of Japan

Japanese are no doubt the most diligent people in the world. When I visited the elmentary school, I saw the principal and the teachers work long hours after school. When I rode the train, I saw the conductor check the timetable and road signs with care. When I stayed with a friend of mine in Tokyo, she never returned home before 9PM. She is an OL working at an overseas bank in Tokyo. Everybody in Japan seems to be hustle and bustle doing something. Just pay a visit to any train station you will see what is on my mind.

The transportation network is so well organzied and connected in Japan that people can get to almost everywhere at late hours in a big city. Tokyo is the city to showcase the efficiency of manpower. Skyrise building are lightuped till midnight, thousands of thousands salary men are burning the midnight oil in this huge power engine. Tokyo is not built in one day!

But, I think the productivity of Japan will be further upgraded if there is a Toastmasters arena for Japanese politicians.

While traveling from the south to the north, from the west to the east of Japan, I see many hard working Japanese people. They get up early and get home late. Some even stay away from home for a long period of time. These hard working people are the key to the success of Japanese economy. But, when they turn on TV, they can see nothing but frustrating news in politics. I thought Japan should be different from Taiwan, a small island full of scandals in politics. Aren't politicians supposed to work for their people?

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...