2019/02/11

Earth Pigs on the Wing

Good Morning, What a cool Monday morning to commence the regular days of the rest Year of Pig! The nine days merry Chinese New Year Holidays came to an end yesterday evening! It was another fruitful and joyful beginning of the lunar Year to mingle with family and friends to cherish the fortunate lives blessed upon us, to eat, to drink, to chitchat, to sing, and to dance! If I had a pair of wings, I would fly high in the sky across the countryside like the huge pink pig once did in Pink Floyd' album "The Wall"! 

Year 2019 is the Year of Pig. According to the myths, the Pig was the last to arrive when the Jade Emperor called for the great meeting. The term "lazy Pig" is due as the Pig got hungry during the race, promptly stopped for a feast then fell asleep. After the nap, the Pig continued the race and was named the 12th and last animal of the zodiac cycle. Be it the year of pig, we can't stay lazy to fall behind, we should be at alert to catch up upon what's been missed in the journey behind!

Year 2019 (jǐ己hai亥) , is the zodiac year of Earth Pig (Metal, Water, Wood, Fire, and Earth) . Earth Pigs with the African Swine Fever have been the talk of town in Taiwan for a couple of months. Taiwanese government did very best to control tightly the import of swine products from China! I like pork, no matter what it is from, especially baked pig foot, very yummy!

Year 2019 is a new milestone year for me! In 2018, I saw no movies but Japanese ones, to focus upon the advance of Japanese language competency! I shall change, I shall watch Hollywood movies to learn new English jargons of modern smart phone days, and I shall open my eyes to Korean and Spanish movies to learn Korean and Spanish at the same time. In addition, I want to play piano again. So much of belated new year resolutions!

What do I say? I enjoyed wataching “Life of the Party” by Melissa McCarthy on Chinese New Year Holidays. It reminded me of the exchange student life at the International House of Ritsumeikan University in Kyoto from September 2000 till August 2001! Me, at age 45, had an amazing year to party through a year of non-stop drinking parties, birthday parties with a bunch of college kids from all over the world, not to mention attending countless toastmasters meetings all over Japan as the Charter President of Kyoto Toastmasters Club!

The words I picked up from “Life of the Party”, it is time I studied English on a regulary basis. I mean watch movies and study the scripts.
Take you to the finish line!
Here comes the waterworks!
Down the tubes!
I didn’t see it coming!
Ornery
Razzle-dazzle
sciatic
blurt out
peppy
put (stick) a fork in me
sniff
roomy, matey
scuttlebutt on the street
the chute
down to clown
Voldemort
shack up with
great downstairs
a weenie
a probable clause to implicate the witness
get the jackhammer blasted
own your power
tinkle
eons ago
agave tequila
The third time is the charm!
What do we want? Full velocity
Bustling out
Do the walk of shame out of a frat house
Charley horse
curl my toes
ew
crack a book
hinge
keep up the good work
do not dally away
chimney alert
dumbledore
time to crush a party
Cyndi Lauper - Girls Just Want To Have Fun
keg
Spin around
Knock the socks off
Opt not to use
Pit out, sweat
Hoax
Carcass
401K
banter
in a heart beat
those pricks are here
mazel tov
read the room
bona fide
be epic
we don’t stand a chance
negative nelly
fib
t bone
comport with
astounding grace and wisdom
jinx

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...