2011/12/10

Golden Ladies Dinner Gathering in December

I'd like to start with a confession of mine in 2011. I know I'm not young, I mean my body. Everyday I look at the mirror in the morning, I see a face full of wrinkles and dullness. I want to do something fast and quick, to let a plastic surgeon bring back my youth, even it's superficially and artificially. Anyway, beauty is only skin deep.

Lydia hosted a sumptuous dinner party for Golden Ladies at New Southeast Seafood Restaurant this evening. It was one of the best banquets I had in year 2011. From the fresh and living creatures in the aquarium, creative and artistic chefs in the kitchen, to the ambience and atmosphere, it was the restaurant of choice for good Taiwanese seafood in Taipei.

At dinner, Toastmaster Pamela Yang reflected upon her recent solitary trip to the Great Wall in China on her birthday. She talked about a precious birthday gift she received from her niece. It was an empty book for the keeper to write down three good things everyday. In response to Pamela's story, Toastmaster Harry Fang encouraged us to greet people by asking what good news to share today!

Back to my confession, I found myself impotent in front of a table full of the mouth-watering dishes. Every dish brought an esctasy. Every dish aroused a climax. After three dishes, I was overwhelmed and exhausted. Eating is more demanding than making love. Oh, my God! Am I getting old? Which doctor can I go to?

Harry and Lydia were sweet and kind to invite all golden ladies for a 2nd round at Abby Cafe' where I recited "Les Feuilles Mortes" by Yves Montand. Abby cafe' was at the corner of Heping West Road and Nantsan Street. It was the first time I visited the warm and cozy coffeehouse even though I went past the place at least once a week. I like the interior decoration with the exciting and intriguing fresco. At Abby, I sang a lot, I danced a lot, I forgot how many glasses of red wine I drank. I was high!

I hit the sack the moment I got home. In my dream, I turned into a woman of burning desires and fervent passions. I could eat, sing, and dance the way I want. Brindisi!


Oh! je voudrais,
Je voudrais tant que tu te souviennes,
Des jours heureux où nous étions amis.
En ce temps-là la vie était plus belle,
Et le soleil plus brûlant qu'aujourd'hui.
Les feuilles mortes se ramassent à la pelle.
Tu vois, je n'ai pas les oublié...
Les feuilles mortes se ramassent à la pelle,
Les souvenirs et les regrets aussi

Et le vent du nord les emporte
Dans la nuit froide de l'oubli.
Tu vois, je n'ai pas les oublié
La chanson que tu me chantais.

C'est une chanson qui nous ressemble.
Toi, tu m'aimais et je t'aimais
Et nous vivions tous les deux ensemble,
Toi qui m'aimais, moi qui t'aimais.
Mais la vie sépare ceux qui s'aiment,
Tout doucement, sans faire de bruit
Et la mer efface sur le sable
Les pas des amants désunis.


English Translation by Maëlstrom

Oh! I would like
I would like you so much to remember
The joyful days when we were friends.
At that time, life was more beautiful
And the sun burned more than it does today.
Fallen leaves can be picked up by the shovelful.
You see, I have not forgotten...
Fallen leaves can be picked up by the shovelful,
So can memories and regrets.
And the north wind takes them
Into the cold night of oblivion.
You see, I have not forgotten
The song you used to sing me.

This song is like us.
You used to love me and I used to love you
And we used to live together,
You loving me, me loving you.
But life separates lovers,
Pretty slowly, noiselessly,
And the sea erases on the sand
The separated lovers' footprints.

No comments:

義大利語 B1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZWpp32LY&list=PL6YsTaFq7KcOn4ITiO7Ury0Lma_Jx2rK7&index=37 義語字典 https://context.reverso.net/transl...